OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for an Alabama update

Started by whiskey, March 10, 2013, 07:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

We are headed down for the opener on Friday and was hoping to hear how the birds were acting in North Alabama. We will be hunting near Anniston. Hopefully they are a little more fired up than they are in north Tennessee.  Thanks.

ALfwlmth

Im about 40 min NE from Anniston. They're hotter than they have been, and should only get better starting Wed. I would say get where they're going. Good luck!

whiskey

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to opening day.

redleg06

I havent heard much gobbling yet in west central Bama but I'm sure it will pick up here before long.

hosscat

I went listening Saturday morning here in central AL, I heard 2 birds gobble once each.  But with this warmer weather coming they should be getting fired up.

BrowningGuy88

Southwest AL here and I haven't heard a long beard gobble yet. A jake gobbled at me Saturday morning.

bullet355

Haven't heard much at all in East central AL.

J Hook Max

Went scouting Friday near Camden and heard two. Took my granddaughter Saturday morning and she killed one with an eight inch beard. We heard four gobbling.
Went back teserday morning with my neighbor's son and he killed a jake. We heard none gobbling but wind was terrible.
It should be much better by the end of this week.

JLeòdhas

Nothing going on in this part of NW Alabama yet.
Jason Leòdhas

hwy419

Not a peep in north central alabama. But i suspect that will change by friday. At least, I hope it does...

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

JELLYHEAD

Quote from: CASH on March 11, 2013, 07:05:41 PM
THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN ALABAMA

What he said.

whiskey

Quote from: CASH on March 11, 2013, 07:05:41 PM
THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN ALABAMA

Didn't plan on killing any. Just making sure there still weren't any turkeys.  :toothy9:

Hhayes6

Saw 4 full strut birds on my way to School at Jacksonvile State University(5 minutes from Anniston). All in different fields and they each had about 5-10 hens with them

Hhayes6