turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger p-350

Started by Ky Gobbler, March 09, 2013, 08:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ky Gobbler

I just traded for a stoeger p-350 with a 24 in barrel. I thought it might make a good rainy day gun because it looks fairly weather resistant. I didn't invest much in a turkey choke, which I hope wasn't a bad decision. I bought a truglo gobble stopper xtreme .665. Has anyone tried any lead shot out of this combo? Or have any suggestions?

Michigander

My brother had that exact same setup, He shot it twice and the results weren't that great. He went to change the choke and it stopped half way out. He tried to thread it back in, and it froze tight. Thankfully Stoeger replaced the barrel free of charge, but He has had nothing but problems with that gun. Hopefully your situation turn out much better.

Ky Gobbler

Quote from: Michigander on March 09, 2013, 08:43:59 PM
My brother had that exact same setup, He shot it twice and the results weren't that great. He went to change the choke and it stopped half way out. He tried to thread it back in, and it froze tight. Thankfully Stoeger replaced the barrel free of charge, but He has had nothing but problems with that gun. Hopefully your situation turn out much better.

That sounds terrible :(. How did the new barrel turn out?

Michigander

He didn't have an issue with the new barrel, it was just a number of other small things. Granted, this is the same guy that broke a 'life proof' case for his iphone the first week he had it. He's pretty hard on stuff.

Ky Gobbler

I got to take it out and shoot it today. I shot it at 35 yards and i thought it shot pretty good. It shot over 100 in a ten inch circle, the pattern was very tight but they were a few spaces in it. The only shells i tried were winchester supremes 3.5 in 2 oz 5 shot and remington nitro turkey 3 in 4 shot. Only problem I had with it was when I tried a few 2 3/4 shells just to check the cycling it didnt want to eject them. They would come halfway out and get stuck. The 3 inch and 3.5 done fine, but only tried two of those.