Ithaca Turkeyslayer Pattern

Started by Gumby, March 08, 2013, 06:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumby

55 Degrees
Briley .675 Ithaca Plus Choke
Heavy 13 3" 2oz #7
215 in 10" @ 40

Pattern was very even out to 20" as well. I'm happy with this!

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Michigander

outdoors

SPOT 
          :agreed:

On
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Snoody Bastid

captin_hook

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gumby

Thanks for the positive feedback guys...first year to try the Hevi-13 and I was impressed. Not bad for factory choke and gun that has had no extra work put in it on my end (no polished barrel, etc.)

FL-Boss

that bird is dead before he hits the ground

Mike Honcho

Very impressive!  I will be shooting an Ithaca Turkeyslayer (from King's Ferry , NY circa 1997) for the first time this year. Polished barrel and I purchased a Wright's .660 choke.  I'm going to be trying 3" Federal Flite control HTL 7's along with some lead Winchester loads.   Hopefully weather will cooperate here and warm up so I can pattern.

Gumby

It's a great gun. Mine is from the Ohio group and only a couple years old. I have been very pleased. Hope you have some good luck with the patterning. My setup didnt like the Federal HW stuff last year when I shot them.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.