turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shot the Model 12

Started by BrowningGuy88, March 06, 2011, 12:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Well I shot the Winchester Model 12 today. I only had one target and about 5 minutes between rains.

Winchester Model 12 30" FULL choke
Winchester HV 2.75" 1.5 ounce #6
First shot 50 yards -- just curious -- 8 pellets in a 3 inch circle (aim point) and about 120 on the paper. Second shot 35 yards 21 more pellets in the 3 inch circle.

I was shooting a 30"X30" piece of paper with a 3" black dot in the center. I was mostly checking POA/POI, but I really like the load I shot. After both shots, I had 405 pellets on that paper. The 35 yard pattern was very even and full, and the 50 yard would get me by if I had to finish one off. The POI matched the POA perfectly. I am very impressed with the old Winny.

I feel good with it out to about 40 yards now. I will pattern the #4's, 5's and 6's when the rain clears up. I figure just by the way it shot today, the 6's will get the nod on opening morning.

Daman

dawei

It wasn't just the wonderful Mdl 12 you have. Winchester® loads THE BEST Pb Turkey ammo of all manufacturers IMHO.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

BrowningGuy88

The Winchester HV loads are very good!

Oh and I measured the target --- 22.5" X 23.75" --- I thought it was 30X30, but I got to looking at it earlier and realized it wasn't that big.

Daman