turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

LOTS OF ????

Started by turkeyaddict, March 06, 2013, 11:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyaddict

To start with I love this forum. Heres my situation.. Ive got an 835 with a 24in ported barrell. Ive been hunting with a .695 undertaker in it with win xtd range 6s and had an awesome pattern. But, since they arent an option and none of my birds have been killed past 35yrds Im swithching to lead. Last week I bought a tg ssx .670 and deep cleaned the barrel. My first shot with the clean barrell was win xx mag 3.5-2 1/4-6 and got 121 in 10" at 40. Then I shot in this order,win hv 3.5-2-6 (104 pellets),win 3.5-2-5S (86 PELLETS),FED TURKEY THUG 3.5-2-6 (78 PELLETS)!! I was shocked at the low count of the thugs and later noticed the descending number of pellets from each shot. I'll shoot some more to know for sure, but does anyone believe a clean barrell is that much better than one with 3-4 shots through it?

jordanz7935

Id try the win 3.5-2oz-5s with the undertaker choke.it should beat the numbers your gettin w the ssx choke. if the ssx is shootin that low of numbers i would say .670 is overchoked for your gun.id try a choke in the .680 -.685 range. ive got a 24" 935 and got 140 in the 10 ring @40 with win 3.5-2oz-5s with a .680 kicks gt.that was a 38 degree day. ive heard alot of great things about the ssx but i cant get over that its made in china.you might want to try some 3.5 #4s with the undertaker you might be surprised.

surehuntsalot

you need to try all of those loads through the .695 Undertaker,you will like what you see
it's not the harvest,it's the chase