turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello from Indiana

Started by MT2, March 06, 2013, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT2

Was looking for a place to talk turkey and found this place. Looks like a great forum you have here!!

Im returning to the field this year after about a 10 year lay off. And while the basics seem the same sure is alot of new products to "help" the hunter. Ive never actually killed a turkey, had a few chances but made some rookie mistakes due to my lack of patience.

The main reason for returning this year beleive it or not, is the wife. After almost 4 years together all of a sudden she's wanting to hunt. At first she wanted to bow hunt, so we got us bows and blind. She had never shot a bow before so I thought we'd target 2014 turkey season. Then I thought heck I still have some old calls a bow and a blind, I could hit the field this year and try to get back in the swing of things. When I mentioned this to her, the next thing I knew we was at the local gun shop buying a 20ga for her. Now we got the bug bad, already picked up on private land to hunt and got 2 more I need to get out and talk to the land owners.

Anyways, very happy to be here. Probably will have alot of questions to try and refresh my memory.

JVA54

alclark2

Welcome to OG! I'm from Muncie.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Sully53

hookedspur

Welcom MT2 and its great the wife wants to join in !!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

captin_hook

:wagon: you've found a great turkey talk site.

boomer