turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please critique my calling

Started by C.j., March 05, 2013, 11:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.j.

I have been practicing a good bit but cant seem to get my calling where I want it to be, here is some audio from tonight, first is a slate pot call and second is a glass pot call, I am open to all suggestions or critiquing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3TM6t2Ik3I

Cut*N*Run

I definitely liked the middle glass the best. Both the yelps and the cutts sounded really good. Something about the yelps on the slate I didn't like. I think you may be putting too much pressure on the striker on the upswing and the end of the yelp or not have the striker at enough of an angle because it goes up in pitch. Gripping the striker closer to the tip will make it easier to get a consistent yelp. Pacing seemed fine to me.

C.j.

C.j.

R AJ

You certainly sound good enough for turkey hunting. Maybe  a little less pressure at start of yelp and then get into it. Learn some purrs and do a softer cackle / cutting and one really sweet  REALLY SOFT  yelp and cluck and you are set.

Many turkeys can't sound as good as you so don't get hung up on the calling too much.

C.j.

Let me also say again, I am not happy with my calling, I know what I want it to sound like and this is not it, it is simply where I am at now with my practice. Im going to post another video with me using the slate and some mouth calls this weekend.

captin_hook

I thought it sounded pretty good. Remember not every turkey sounds the same. Switching calls during a hunt to produce a different sound can close the deal.

SCGobbler

Definitely like the glass in the middle best, but that is just me.  I thought it sounded pretty sharp
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

hungup

Who makes the calls you are running?