OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pre-Season tradations

Started by Preacher, March 05, 2013, 08:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Not really.  Shoot my bow, clean shotguns, and make a lot of turkey noises
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Neill_Prater

Changed the oil in my Jeep, a once a year thing now that I don't drive it all that much. Cleaned my guns, and went through the bulk of my spring hunting gear, throwing away several items that I should have thrown away years ago. I have a tendency to keep old camo clothes and such, even if they are beginning to fade, have a couple of holes, or no longer fit "just in case." Then, after a dozen years or so, it finally dawns on me I'm never going to wear them again, so why in the heck keep them?

I need to do the same thing with some calls. I have turkey calls from back in the 80's that I absolutely never hunt with, but for some reason, just hate to get rid of them.

redleg06

-Scout
-check the guns
-re-tool turkey vest

-Repeat Process Above.............................................................................

renegade19

Scout
Piddle with my gear
practice to the point of annoying the crap out of the wife and daughter.
Repeat the above at every given chance.

I hate turkeys

Buy a package of Oreo's. No joke Oreo's and water breakfast of champions in the turkey woods.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

zeke632

I read The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery prior to each season.  I've about worn the cover off of the book. I read it out-loud to my boys when they were little....they ought to read it to me now, the way my eyes have gotten.
Do lots of driving and checking spots for sign.
Pattern guns
Order new mouth calls
Wait

hwy419

1. Shave my head.
2. Make sure the wife knows I :z-flirtysmile3: her and that everything will be back to normal in 46 days.

birdyhunter

1. Buy new mouth calls
2. Grow a beard
3. Run new mouth calls till I either get really good or slapped by my wife. Whichever comes first.
4. Drive to my hunting spots every night for 2-3 weeks and roost birds with my wife and little boy.
5. Have my whole family over for a steak dinner and talk lots and lots of turkey the night before opening day.
Take note #2 is imperative! I hate face masks and I wear glasses so they fog when I get to breathing hard.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Burney Mac

Kind of Korny...My dad and I always hunt opening day together. When I was younger and we would go hunting he would always make me cheese toast for breakfast. So now I make us both cheese toast for breadfast every year. I don't know how it came about but it just did. Just something little to start the season off right. I'm heading to Alabama in a day or so and he won't be with me, but at camp on my first morning I'll be eating cheese toast. ;D
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

birdyhunter

Quote from: Burney Mac on March 15, 2013, 04:28:13 PM
Kind of Korny...My dad and I always hunt opening day together. When I was younger and we would go hunting he would always make me cheese toast for breakfast. So now I make us both cheese toast for breadfast every year. I don't know how it came about but it just did. Just something little to start the season off right. I'm heading to Alabama in a day or so and he won't be with me, but at camp on my first morning I'll be eating cheese toast. ;D
nothing corny about it man. Tradition is what makes what we do so special.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2