OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

5,000 members

Started by Old Gobbler, March 05, 2013, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

Congrats to Old Gobbler. That is quite an accomplishment!! Lots of good people here.. :happy0064:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Spring_Woods

Nice stats! Congrats!
You mentioned only 10% of active members post. I'm venturing a guess that a lot of people use the boards "search" feature, find what they wanted to know and never log on again. Or some boards require you register to see the pictures. Sometimes the pictures are the answer they were looking for.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

mnturkey

Congratulations.
I do enjoy the site and the information it provides.
SEMPER FI

870FaceLift

I love this site.  There aren't a great deal of turkey hunters in my area, so its nice to get some fresh perspective on here.  I've made puchases, sold items, learned a great deal of turkey knowledge, had a few laughs, and made great friends through this site.  Can't beat it IMO

Pass it on...

headbanger

Congrats on 5000. Great place to "virtually" hang out! Not sure the boss would appreciate it but what he don't know... :icon_thumright:

longspur

I believe one of the biggest keys to the success of OG is NO LIBERAL BS and NO HEATED ARGUMENTS. I've been on hunting sites where they just argue on and on back and forth and its one of those that have just a few regulars. Some even have a political forum where libs and conservatives(maybe) can argue.

bbcoach

GREAT SITE!  GREAT PEOPLE!  GREAT MODERATORS!  What more could you ask for!  Congratulations and Thanks Shannon!

Ded Goblr

Shannon and Annie my hats off to you with the success of Old Gobbler!! Can't begin to tell you of the enjoyment I get from it.. Love to meet some of the fine folks on OG someday! Thank You, Gary

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Spring_Woods on March 06, 2013, 11:08:25 AM
Nice stats! Congrats!
You mentioned only 10% of active members post. I'm venturing a guess that a lot of people use the boards "search" feature, find what they wanted to know and never log on again. Or some boards require you register to see the pictures. Sometimes the pictures are the answer they were looking for.
10% on other boards ,or forum boards as a generality - we do much higher than that 40-50% I think depending   :icon_thumright:

I don't know if guests can use the search function here? Ill look into that

Jay, the bingo games notification , I can do it PM or Email - I did a Email years ago and some people don't like it , others love it -  The large internet providers hate it , like comcast etc... and they will flag you as a mass email spammer and block you off their routers and servers -  There is a constant war going on with internet providers to block spammers out of eastern block (Russia)   and ( china)

If you remember the sever crashed 2 years ago when we got up to 4,000 members and all Annie had to do was send out a mass email and we had 1,600 members in a month alone register back up again - I do enjoy the trouble free atmosphere I have now , its very laid back, easy going just the way I like it , and it will stay that way

Bingo games take time to run , and when I am hunting I usually hold off , but I now happen to have a blistering fast sophisticated high tech "device" that I can monitor the site from the most remote mosquito infested swamp , so the games go on !!  season is under way for me , but for northern hunters the excitement is building   

5 years ago , actually 6 , I had OldGobbler 1 full year before I made a announcement , before I even had a single member , Annie made me up and got the domain name oldgobbler.com the site looked similar to the primos forum we made it and forgot about it ,It was intended for about 12 of my closest friends to stay in touch with - Saylfish, eric, Jimbob , Speckslayer and more are my lifetime childhood friends that we all turkey hunted with - we built a site that we would like ourselves , it just so happens a couple of thousand turkey hunters think the same exact way we do and keep on registering every single day --  a year latter we decided to let some people in  so we re-did it  with the more modern dark background made a few phone calls to some friends I already knew from before like Dave Smith , Pradco , etc... we had instant site advertisers right off the bat -  I have actually had to turn down folks from adds cause we only had so many , or their product was a conflict of interest like (china) -

I will go more into depth to share with you how fast social media sites are changing .... 5 years ago there were no Iphones only some had a slower 2g blackberries - the site would have 20-30 people combined on the site through out the day as most people were working ,but at night it would spike as they logged on from home PC's - now many people have smart phones 3G ones , and many have 4g phones , and within 10 years the home phone will be extinct and literally everyone will have a 4G or faster phone - there is during the season about 200 people online all day long cause people can access the site via smart phones , and that # will go up in the years to come  - the down side is that these devices are hard to type and post on , but some are getting very fast - and easy to type on   

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Ross R

CT Spur Collector

I really enjoy the site and look at it at least once a day. I just like to read the different posts. I enjoy reading.

Yeah, sometimes I have something to say, especially went it hits my sore spot.............GUN CONTROL!!!!!!

I am just about sick and darn tired of what this nation has become!!

This is a good way to get the word out and stick together!!

Godspeed "OLD GOBBLER!!

RutnNStrutn

Bustabeak

I don't feel as if the day is complete if I don't visit old gobbler at least 3 or 4 times! Congrats on reaching 5k! I just like it because no one ever hesitates to help another member out. even if it's a off the wall question. Someone always helps out. Thanks for an awesome site!