OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

5,000 members

Started by Old Gobbler, March 05, 2013, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

5,000 members as of today !   :wave: 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

AUDoubleBeard

Sweet! This is a great place for use turkey crazies! :funnyturkey:

DirtNap647

been on alot of forums truly is the best ive been on great people

kansas hooks

ILIKEHEVI-13

Congrats to Old Gobbler. 

renegade19

longspur

good place for addicts. must be an epidemic. :icon_thumright:

Jay

Now if we could get the suckers to post we'd really be on a roll. Maybe increase the Bingo prizes to guns and cars would do it.

Gamblinman

We are all..........afflicted

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Turkeykiller12

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Jay on March 06, 2013, 06:09:22 AM
Now if we could get the suckers to post we'd really be on a roll. Maybe increase the Bingo prizes to guns and cars would do it.
We happen to enjoy very high(est) rates of participation and interaction here depending on the time of year, that will dictate how involved our registered membership will interact with the site - I just did a quick look and members , and members that are about a week or so old have a %40-%50 participation , that number may even go higher after time passes, and members decide to post or ask something  -we are doing well ... for example on many forums the going rate is about only %10 of the members ever post just once - I have the site set up to be friendly and informative -the place just runs it self these days and there are rarely any issues - people really enjoy interacting ,reading the site - I do ! Back to the guests or low post members - I cant tell you ho many times a 1 post or 2 post member contacted me or got a account to the OG site just to ask me about getting a call from me - all the callmakers here have told me this for years , guys we have never heard from register a account then want to buy calls etc.. lots of them --

Reader members - these are members that log onto the site and read it each day like you or I would read the paper , they tend not to say anything , but do greatly enjoy reading all the information posted , there are thousands upon thousands of these members , or in this case (non-members) out there - they just like to read  - some are online all day , some check in for 10 minutes per day , some check in once every couple of days - some are more seasonal - these tend to be the {guests} we see online all day and night long - for forum boards ,although they don't post or contribute these are some of your very best members , they never cause trouble !!! forum statistics lead me to believe there are many ( undisclosed )times as many guests that visit the site briefly or extended daily as there are members -  I remember when I started the forum 4-5 years ago , before the site had grown to the level it has today -we passed along some of the Google information to some important folks and they were about floored at the traffic coming in and out of the site - I was too ! 

Member numbers and posts are not a indication of how well a site is doing - for example we had a 100 post count rule to play in the turkey contest some years back - what we ended up with was relentless post padding in the birthday and welcome sections , people would go in there and pad up a average of 500 posts per day -thankfully, we did away with that .  I have seen sites that had thousands of members but after close examination , there were about dozen members that accounted for 90% of all the posts ever - that gets boring ---  so the membership numbers were not a real indication of the health of the site - Not that it is bad or good I have seen forums where a large majority of the posts have nothing to do with the focused purpose of the forum , shooting the chit or blowing off steam etc... in the off season is where this goes back to , as people get bored when season is not in- There are people that register to hunting sites to do nothing but cause trouble some turkey hunt some pretend to, I threw off about a half dozen infiltrators last year one in particular was out of brooklyn NY - and he was linked up with a few others across the country -  they focused only on very left politics - PETA activists , - banned   

Back to the bingos -- that was actually Annie's Idea !! I told her straight up it would not work on a turkey hunting site , boy was I wrong !!  The bingo is so wildly popular ,and I have so many people wanting to host them , I have had to modify the registration process to allow a higher volume of them - I have been pondering on if I should run 2 to 3 of them at the same time on the same week because of the amount of callmakers and businessmen wanting to do them - I may have to spread them out throughout the year towards December if necessary - We have given away turkey guns , raffled of hunts etc.. I may in the future make a few phone calls and have some big ticket items like this , if I ever get around to it

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

tomstopper

This site is the best & where else can a turkey addict go & find people as good as the ones we have on here. Its more than a group of guys/gals talking turkey. Instead its like one huge extended family. (5,000 strong). My wife has made comments to me about why I am always on this site & I tell her its b/c I can relate to all of you. You all are the best group of "internet" people/friends that I have ever talked to. Thank you Shannon & Annie for giving us turkey fanatics an awesome place to share our addiction...... God Bless.....

captin_hook

No doubt this is my favorite site I've ever been on. I only wish I would've found it a few years earlier. OG rocks! :you_rock:

Steve

Wow...was I number 5000? And where do I pick up my winnings? :z-winnersmiley:

Jay

;D Shannon, jeez, I was joking. Actually, all sites are lucky to get 10% participation. If there was some way to send out a Site notification of the ones that haven't been on a certain length of time, many who have forgotten they registered would be back, but as far as I'm aware no one has figured out how to do that with a site program. If you don't think Bingo is popular, look at how many every night are waiting for the states to be posted. The prizes are excellent, and no need for bigger or more expensive. I wouldn't run them during Turkey season too much, being a lot of guys are on the road, and it's nice to have in the off season for something to do.