Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Going out to play a little tomorrow

Started by mfd1027, March 04, 2013, 11:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

Just talked to my buddy Brad and we're going to go hunting tomorrow.   He's getting the buggy ready. All of my hunting stuff is in my travel trailer up in Gainesville so I'll be traveling lightly tomorrow.  I've got an old 870 I can shoot and I made up a few call's the other day.  As you guys know we don't have too good of luck out in Big Cypress so that's probably overkill. lol    Not expecting much but you never know.  it'll be nice to get out and at least go through the motions.    Kind of a warm up for Ga. in a few wks.   
Dan

harvester

Thats great, get us on the board. Good luck. :fud: :OGani:

mfd1027

I might be able to get us on the "chalkboard". :turkey2:
Dan

nctrkyhntr

ElkTurkMan

gob09

Do it again Dan!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my C771

mfd1027

Kind of a typical day for us.   We didn't see or hear anything but still had a great day.    :funnyturkey:

It's just nice to get out and run some calls, look at tracks and dream.    Sooner or later we're going to hear one out there.    :gobble:

Dan

gob09

Well Dan maybe you just don't have the drift....LOL
What do you think is the reason for few birds in said area Dan? Could it be so much swampy water scarcity of food very large partial of land do I understand you were hunting somewhere in the everglades

Sent from my C771

mfd1027

Just not the best habitat for them Wes plus there's a ton of predators out there that eat them or their eggs.   There's lot's of water but you can find dry ground you just have to look.   It's a relatively big area with over 550,000 acres.   
Dan

mfd1027

Went again today.   No gobbling and no sightings.   I think it's time to go back to the ol waiting em out game.   We see plenty of sign so they're there.   They just don't talk.   In all honesty I "hate" sitting and waiting but if that's what I've got to do that's what I'll do.   I'm hoping to get back out next wk. I'll carry the ol lawn chair and build a ground blind.  I already know where I want to go.   

We saw all kinds of good stuff today.  At least a dozen deer, 3 fox squirrels, a bunch of panther tracks, a huge cottonmouth and several gators.   I had a friend in from Md. and he was in awe of the "Everglades".   
Dan

ElkTurkMan