OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum Feedback Time

Started by Old Gobbler, February 15, 2013, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

I chat on another forum that has a cool feature.  When you hover your mouse pointer on the thread link you get a small preview of the actual thread post content.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Houndstooth Game Calls

I just thank you for having us a place to hangout! Never thought I would gain so many friends from a forum muchless go hunting with someone I met on the internet!! This is the place to be :welcomeOG:!!!

Bustabeak

I like it the way it is! Love being on here. I like it because as dumb as a question may be, people don't bash you to death if you don't know something. That's the only way new hunters can learn. And I haven't ran into any here that doesn't like to help others! Thanks for the hard work Old Gobbler!

VanHelden Game Calls

I also like the hoover option for a preview of the thread.

IMO I dislike micro managing forums.  Yes its easier to find things that interest a user, BUT alot of what I find interesting I do not set out looking for.  And I am not one to browse through subcategories to see whats new. And it drives user activity down in some categories to the point they become useless.

Now I do use the whats new feature to look up recent posts on other forums but this one has so much going on I don't use as often.  But would be cool if you can add a setting where I can check out new posts in specific categories.

BrowningGuy88

I love this site! I don't do social media in general (my wife swears this is FB for turkey hunters), but I enjoy being here.

I wouldn't change a thing about the site or the people. This site has saved me a small fortune in wasted time and money and also cost me a small fortune on bad to the bone turkey rigs!

Thanks Shannon for all that you have done for this site!

atoler

Great site, glad I finally joined, as i had been a lurker for a long time.

On other forums, when you move the cursor over the post title, it will show the first few sentences. forum.gon.com for example. Sometimes the title is vague, or misleading, and this gives you a better idea of what you are clicking on. simply a thought that might or might not be able to be done.

The only other thing I would say, is that the contest being 1 bird per member, up to 9 birds total, is not neccessarily the best way to find the best team. Killing a big bird is luck and numbers. It would seem to me that each member having 2 or 3 slots to fill would weed out some of the teams. What I'm getting at, is that Team alabama killed 60 some odd birds last year between the 12 of them, and although the teams behind them were very close, I don't think the birds killed was anywhere close to that. I realize that this is probly not possible, as some states you can only kill a bird or two a season. But it was just an observation of mine.

overall its a wonderful site, thanks for hosting it, and please don't take this as complaining, simply some observations.

VanHelden Game Calls

On the contest idea.  I would make it 1 bird no upgrades.  And you have to post up within the week of kill.

This evens out the contest between teams that have the ability to kill 60 birds and those teams for reasons of law and $ can only shoot 12.  Now you have to strategize if the bird is worth entering or if you want to chance getting a bigger bird or being skunked all together.

Tomspur

This is a great forum. I would not change a thing. There are many true turkey hunters on here that have willingly shared their knowledge with those like me that need the help. Plus, it is family friendly. Keep up the good work.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: VanHelden Game Calls on February 26, 2013, 10:45:34 AM
On the contest idea.  I would make it 1 bird no upgrades.  And you have to post up within the week of kill.

This evens out the contest between teams that have the ability to kill 60 birds and those teams for reasons of law and $ can only shoot 12.  Now you have to strategize if the bird is worth entering or if you want to chance getting a bigger bird or being skunked all together.

I like that idea!

goldenhunter

Quote from: HogBiologist on February 21, 2013, 11:11:35 PM
I chat on another forum that has a cool feature.  When you hover your mouse pointer on the thread link you get a small preview of the actual thread post content.

This x2. Really neat feature.

stone road turkey calls

What a great site, I have way to much free time, and enjoy filling some of it reading and posting on the OG. I get good advice when i need it, and try to give good advice when i can. kinda like a internet hunting camp.
would like to see the sellers individual listings in the classifieds highlighted when he/she checks them or has to mark them sold, takes awhile to find them when they move down the ladder. I think this would get more of the sold items marked sold.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Woodsman4God

Quote from: redarrow on February 16, 2013, 12:23:23 PM
The only thing I would like to see is the return of the reloading section. I understand why it was removed and don't have a problem with that. However could you not insert a dis claimer that would protect OG from possible litigation.

I have to agree with Red, I was just getting into reloading when it was removed, I would love to see it come back if possible.