News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New to Turkey hunting...Advice needed!

Started by Ltsheets, March 02, 2013, 11:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ltsheets

Thanks Brad.  I appreciate all the help.  I'll take a look at those on ebay.  What have you heard about Patternmaster??  A friend of mine says they are good chokes and he's a pretty avid turkey hunter.

Ltsheets

wow that's not expensive at all...still 6 days to go though

Ltsheets

would I need to re sight in my red dot with a new choke or would it be close enough to use out to 30 yds as is until I get the chance?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Ltsheets on March 03, 2013, 09:19:22 PM
would I need to re sight in my red dot with a new choke or would it be close enough to use out to 30 yds as is until I get the chance?

You should be about the same.  Some chokes will shoot to a different poi but if they should still be fairly close.  You will know soon enough. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think those Pattern Master chokes are overpriced.  That' my 2 cents.  And I'd also bet money I know several chokes that will in fact out shoot em. 

Ltsheets

chet

I have two buudy's that shot encore's. Thay both use Kicks tube and winchester 1300 fps 6 shot. Will jelly a turkey at 40 yards.

Ltsheets

Quote from: chet on March 04, 2013, 12:25:33 PM
I have two buudy's that shot encore's. Thay both use Kicks tube and winchester 1300 fps 6 shot. Will jelly a turkey at 40 yards.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

auburnlocal

I shoot a TC Encore with a Sumtoy choke but have also shot an Indian Creek choke.  Those two in my opinion shoot the best out of the Encore shooting Hevi-shot #7.

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Quote from: nyhunter on March 03, 2013, 08:39:41 AM
I would not shoot a turkey at 40yds untill you get a chance to pattern your gun at that range, That will really tell how your gun is doing. With those 2 loads Id be very confident shooting out to 30 yds.

x100 absolutely