Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Looking good for Spring '13

Started by FttFttVroom!, March 02, 2013, 09:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

Got a new spot to try out this year and I am very excited to see what it holds.  I talked to a buddy at work who owns a large tract of river bottom land in north central Oklahoma, about 40 minutes drive from my house.  A bit longer drive than I'm used to but worth it.  He says its over 900 acres and has a mix of farmland and river bottom habitat. He and his family are mainly deer hunters, but he has expressed an interest in learning the ropes of turkey hunting with me if he can find time. I will likely go scout it out in a week or two.  Sounds like they have a lot of birds and little to no hunting pressure, so my chances are looking good!

reflexl

Sounds good. I picked up another spot Saturday. Can't wait. reflexl

makova

teach him how to clean a bird or two!

guidosrun

Oklahoma....I am planning on hunting there the weekend of the 26th of April. ever heard of Hamms Oasis???? Would like to hunt Friday or saturday as well, staying in Eufaula  any suggestions??
FEATHERS DOWN !!!

FttFttVroom!

Hamms Oasis butts right up next to where I hunt in Northwest Ok.  Killed my first bird maybe fifty yards from the property line.  I will either hunt the same weekend or the second weekend of April.

FttFttVroom!

Looks like there is another Hamms Oasis in southwest Oklahoma, which one are you headed to?

guidosrun

looks like its near frederick ok?????
FEATHERS DOWN !!!

FttFttVroom!

Yep that's Hamms Sportsmans Oasis.  Should be covered with lots of hard gobbling rios.