turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question for the Stoeger M3500 owners

Started by Xcal1ber, March 02, 2013, 01:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

I just got a Stoeger M3500 not to long ago, and I have not found a good day to pattern it yet. I will be shooting HTL shells this year, so I have been breaking the gun in with my Remington Nitro turkey shells I used last year. I did add the recoil reducer, and I was wondering if the less kick was worth the extra weight? I have held a lot heavier guns but that recoil reducer seemed to put a brick in the stock haha.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

tomstopper

I just bought one recently & have shot it a couple of times with 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 and have not used the recoil reducer. The recoil does not seem to be any greater than my Win 1300 was with 3 inch mags. Waiting on a Sumtoy choke this week & plan on pattering it w/o using the reducer. That will be when I can determine if I need it or not..... :toothy12:

Xcal1ber

Haha yea it really doesn't have that bad of a kick without it, but I haven't started shooting the big turkey loads yet.

BlakeJ

Xcal1ber

Don't hold me to this, but I think the SBE's take a "crio" choke and Stoeger takes a "Mobil" Choke

reynolds243

Correct. Sbe2 is a different choke. The sbe1 is the same though.

Neill_Prater

Quote from: Xcal1ber on March 02, 2013, 01:03:13 PM
I just got a Stoeger M3500 not to long ago, and I have not found a good day to pattern it yet. I will be shooting HTL shells this year, so I have been breaking the gun in with my Remington Nitro turkey shells I used last year. I did add the recoil reducer, and I was wondering if the less kick was worth the extra weight? I have held a lot heavier guns but that recoil reducer seemed to put a brick in the stock haha.

I have a 2000, which is a 3 inch chamber. I'm sensitive to recoil, and have been known to flinch in the past, but the main reason I like the Stoeger so much is the difference in weight between it and the 11-87 I shot for 15 years. For something like pheasant, or duck hunting, the recoil reducer would be great, but no more than the average turkey hunter shoots in a year, I vote for the lighter weight. A lot more time is spent toting, rather than shooting, the average turkey gun.  ;)

farmerjim

i had the recoil reducer in mine for a bit but took it out i didnt really notice a big difference in recoil and i was shooting heavy 3.5in loads for goose hunting and on the range with the lighter loads it seemed to help a bit. i did def notice the weight gain when toting it through the swamps and fields. on a side note you might want to use some blue locktite on the recoil reducer if you use it mine tended to come loose after a few rounds until i used the locktite.