turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

We need a captain!

Started by gdublongwilly, March 01, 2013, 09:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdublongwilly

Thinking we need a captain.  Might benefit us all if someone that has participated in the contest before steps up to be captain.  Anybody???     :begging:

gdublongwilly

I think it would help with the organization of the team as well, just my 2 cents.    ;D

wvboy

I think it should be you :)

Or at least someone who is on the site frequently.. I am not on that frequently ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Borat

Quote from: wvboy on March 05, 2013, 04:03:21 PM
I think it should be you :)

I agree- he is the most active.  NICE JOB stepping up, gdublong!

gdublongwilly

No problem, I am on here almost daily.  I will really be on here a lot when the seasons really start to kick in.  My season (PA) doesn't start till end of April  :(   Maybe we do not even need a captain, I don't know!  I'm just lookin forward to see how we make out as a team & hope everyone has a safe and successful season!

wvboy

Thanks for taking the reigns.. I definately think we need one.. Have to start an official Kill thread to post the photos.. keep a running tally of the scores etc etc.. check out the other teams pages for examples.. we need to change that team name soon too.. I am heading out next weekend for Florida..

gdublongwilly

Will check out the other team threads over the weekend and get our team a little more organized.  Good luck in Florida!  I'm actually headed down there on the 16th for a little family vacation.  Was hoping to take the shotgun but that didn't work out. :(
Will work on getting name changed first and the rest will follow.  Anyone, please feel free to express suggestions and comments and we'll hopefully have a great spring season and maybe be able to do a little braggin' against some of the other teams.

bcknuts

gdublongwilly I think you would be a good fit as captin. :z-guntootsmiley:
Kevin

wvboy

Maybe post an official Team Roster thread.. that way we know who all is on the team..

example..

1. gdublongwilly
2. FeatheredHat
3. etc
4. etc..

You could also have that same thread as a running tally for the scores .. and just update it with that team members best scoring bird as it comes in.. just a suggestion..

example

5. Huntress - 60.25

If that member then kills a bigger bird go back and update it at that time..

gdublongwilly

Yeah, planning on doing that now that Old Gobbler just assigned a bunch more members to our team.  Good Idea!!

latimer shedhead

gdub the team definitely needs a Captain, it will be a pain in the ying yang... but fun. You will have to make sure the birds are scored correctly or you will here from the other teams captains. But in the end it's all about what you hall out of the woods over your shoulder,and talking with other hunters around the country.

gdublongwilly

Quote from: latimer shedhead on March 13, 2013, 09:06:40 PM
gdub the team definitely needs a Captain, it will be a pain in the ying yang... but fun. You will have to make sure the birds are scored correctly or you will here from the other teams captains. But in the end it's all about what you hall out of the woods over your shoulder,and talking with other hunters around the country.
:agreed:
I'll do my best and you're right..... it's all about the hunt and sharing it with others!    :anim_25: