turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning BPS NWTF 10 ga. scope mount

Started by Pwslayden, February 28, 2013, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwslayden

I just bought a Browning BPS NWTF 10 ga. and bought the scope mount. The scope mount is notched on one side so that there is only an attachment point on each end. This is the only scope mount made for this gun. Is there enough area on the end of this scope mount to mount a small red dot? Has anyone run into this problem?
Thanks for any help.

USMC0331

It should be drilled and tapped so that you can use other mounts. Where did you find that shotgun for sale. I've been unable to locate one?

Pwslayden

I found it on gunbroker. This is the only mount made for the gun. I'm not sure about other mounts mating to the top of the receiver if I have it drilled and tapped for them. Don't want a saddle, may have to go with a more traditional type scope or scope type red dot if I want something other than fiber optic sights on the gun.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 28, 2013, 04:59:44 PM
It should be drilled and tapped so that you can use other mounts. Where did you find that shotgun for sale. I've been unable to locate one?

They show up from time to time. I have had one on order for about 8 months from a LGS and am also on the waiting list at Buds if they get any in.

Rockhound

My local gander mountain has one in stock

USMC0331

Rockhound

guidosrun

I just got my ol BPS back from getting re-blued (200.00).....  had it tapped for a weaver type mount (25.00) added a reflex halo sight (79.00) and stuffed a jelly head (49.99)down its throat, looking killer with the engraved turkeys and geese...a few hundred bucks just brought this bad boy back to life after 12-15 years.....look out Va. and OK.   Feathers Down!!
FEATHERS DOWN !!!

Mike Honcho

These are great guns...I found a brand new old stock one last year , 2003 model, camo with 28" barrel...sold the 28" barrel and put on a camo 24" so simlar to the  NWTF gun.  Added the Tru Glo Gobble Stopper adjustable sights and a Jelly Head choke.   It's been a lucky gun...I don't hunt with it all the time but so far hunted with it twice and taken a triple bearded tom and a 26 lb. 14 1/2 beard , 1 1/4" spur bird.

gobbler74

Get any mil spec rail..lower height. Have gunsmith drill it to match the gun.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"