OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 ga shells?

Started by WALKER80, February 27, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKER80

Does anyone make a standard lead load for a ten, I need some cheap shells to sight my gun in with an maybe squirrel hunt.

Old Gobbler

Winchester , Remington ( I think ) , & Federal  all make lead turkey loads
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

10ga.Trauma

I bought a box of Remington #4s there copper plated lead 2.25 ounce loads, they would defiantly put a a smack down on some bushy tails.

WALKER80

I have some lead turkey loads, I just wanted something lighter to get the sights close. 

Rockhound

There is some company that makes 2-7/8" shells but they are high. You won't find any lead shells that arent Turkey loads

10ga.Trauma

federal makes 10 gauge upland game loads.

Rockhound

Quote from: 10ga.Trauma on February 28, 2013, 07:45:52 PM
federal makes 10 gauge upland game loads.

I wouldn't classify 2-1/4 oz of bb lighter lol and def not cheaper

wis. bowhunter

I bought a guagemate 10 guage to 12 guage adapter and use 12 guage trap loads to sight in with my h&r 1o guage single shot.

M R Ducks

Quote from: wis. bowhunter on March 02, 2013, 03:28:07 PM
I bought a guagemate 10 guage to 12 guage adapter and use 12 guage trap loads to sight in with my h&r 1o guage single shot.

Brilliant......

Ducks

Old Gobbler

Where do you get these ? I am interested --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Thegobblergetter

At one time you could purchase the gaugemate from Cabelas.  John

deadbuck

Rogers sporting goods has federal lead shells on sale for $6.99 per 10. Come in 4's and 5's. I just ordered 8 boxes and with shipping they were .90 each

Gamblinman

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 07, 2013, 05:49:50 PM

Recalling from my memory (CRS)..I don't think you can use these in pump and autos due to the ejector clip on the side of the bolt. Don't hold me to this.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

M R Ducks

Gauge mates fit in the chamber of your gun.  They are used a lot by skeet shooters to shoot the different gauges with the same gun without full length barrel inserts.  They are typically used in break action guns, but you can use them in a pump or an auto but you have to make sure that the extractor does not clip on the gauge mate.  If it does, you need to cut a small piece out so that it won't.  With a 12 in a 10, there should not be enough gas to cycle, and you will need to cycle by hand, but not pull out the gauge mate.

Works fine, one at a time.

Ducks

wis. bowhunter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 07, 2013, 05:49:50 PM
I think I bought mine at cabelas.