OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks calls

Started by Mossberg835, February 27, 2013, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

Executioner, Exec 2 and Eradicator.

I know you asked for favorite, but I do not have just 1.
I have never had a problem with a call breaking or coming apart. I once ordered 2 hoot n stick and only got 1. When I called up, he apologized and took care of it and sent me the other hooter.
We even talked on the phone for 20 minutes about turkey hunting.
Great product, Great company, Great people.

John

intherut

Just got my first hooks diaphragm calls. And let me say I am more than impressed. The devastator is my absolute favorite so far. The executioner 2 is excellent as well. So ready to start chasin them long beards!

heathwesley

Soon after I became a member of this site I realized I would never order another factory made call in my lifetime.  I have ordered from several of the call makers on this site and the work they do is amazing.  Hooks custom calls are no exception.  I have been using them for a couple years now and they are great.  I did recently email them with no response but hey sometimes emails can fall through the cracks.  I like most like all of their mouth calls - but most of all the popular executioner.  Can make an average caller sound above average in seconds. 
Heath Smith - Illinois Turkey Hunter

BrowningGuy88

dodger

Scott makes all of my mouthcalls, I've never had any problems  out of any calls he's built for me.... That being said... Every once in a while someone had a problem with a call... He'll make it right...

My favorite he sells is the devestator or persuader...  But I love my Pinky cut call...

Lumpy

Quote from: dodger on March 04, 2013, 08:25:27 PM
Scott makes all of my mouthcalls, I've never had any problems  out of any calls he's built for me.... That being said... Every once in a while someone had a problem with a call... He'll make it right...

My favorite he sells is the devestator or persuader...  But I love my Pinky cut call...

Ok, what is the Pinky cut call??
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

perrytrails

I like the executioner, executioner 2
Was a big fan of Woodhaven, they are good calls to.

I'm sticking with Hooks!

And Lights out pots!

dodger

Quote from: Lumpy on March 05, 2013, 06:35:50 PM
Quote from: dodger on March 04, 2013, 08:25:27 PM

Ok, what is the Pinky cut call??

I sent you a pic.... Pinky!!!

zkid09

can anyone tell me the difference in the executioner and executioner 2?? ive been wanting to try a few of their calls.. think im going to order one of those two, a devastator and persuader

dodger

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: zkid09 on March 07, 2013, 09:47:46 PM
can anyone tell me the difference in the executioner and executioner 2?? ive been wanting to try a few of their calls.. think im going to order one of those two, a devastator and persuader

You got mail

mikeyfuzz

I recently bought a few Hooks calls to try after seeing so many positive reviews on them. I really like that they're a little smaller than regular calls and are made great. They sound great, I even bought a few more for my dad to try. I've been practicing with one call in particular and noticed that its seems as if the tape is separating on the back edge of the call. I'm not sure if its the way it was cut or if its from me. If it worsens I'll definitely get in touch with Hooks about it. For the price and craftsmanship you can't go wrong. And turnaround time from order to delivery is phenomenal.

turkeyaddict

I've tried several hooks calls the past few years. Right now I'm still using the 3 that I started with last season... executioner I & II and my favorite that nobody ever mentions, 3 reed modified V.

Xcal1ber

Got my Executioner 2 in the other day, and I have to say, it is the best sounding mouth call I have ever used! Good and crisp, with just enough rasp, and is easy to blow. Makes me look like a good caller lol. I just put an order in for an Executioner, and a Persuader! I'll end up trying them all before it's all said and done. Good job Scott on making an awesome call!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

wvcurlytop

Just ordered a couple executioners for my buddies to try, and I ordered a shockwave II and a devastater to try. 

herronjr

Got my three mouth calls in today and i must say they are Great and it did not take long to get use to them being a smaller mouth call and the sound is sweet.