Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Weighing our chances

Started by reflexl, February 27, 2013, 07:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I have been looking over scores from the last couple of years. Knowing what I know about our birds and trying to access some of our team birds scores I think we have a better than average chance of winning this thing.  :turkey2:

northms

Sure hope I can put up a big score early. 16 days till the opener.

xarcher

If everybody could post a score at least 60 (20 pounds, 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs) and if 2 guys shoot a freak bird, say multiple beards, that would put us in the discussion. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

reflexl

I have been going over birds from the last 3 years. Average score would be 67.8. That is with a high of 82.25 and a low of 58.8. I am curently tracking another 80+ bird that I am going to try to snag with a muzzleloader for a new world record by muzzleloader. If I set up on him more than 3 times without a kill the BPS or 835 will come after him. In adition I have several more that are going to go over the 70 mark. Mimosa Gobbler has a good chance of busting a monster as well. Boys and girl, I have  a good feeling about this contest. Think how good it is going to look, Eastern Assassins Champions................

northms

My brother is going to check our trail cam over the next couple of days and hopefully I'll have some birds on there to show yall.  At least expecting a lot of deer lol.

FttFttVroom!

Looks very likely I will get a 60+ bird again this spring.  Would love a double beard, but I've only ever shot one in the last 20 some odd years I've hunted.