Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

FL bound soon

Started by Ricochet, February 27, 2013, 03:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

I'm getting fired up - 1 week from today I will be chasing some Osceolas in FL!   :z-guntootsmiley:  Then I will have a few days rest and start chasing them here in SC.  :)
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

mfd1027

We've got colder temps and high winds forecast for this wk. end so we're going to let the Opening Day crowds chase em without us.   We're planning on going out next wk.   

Where are you headed to JP.? 
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Good Luck JP, I will be down there in two weeks. 

Ricochet

Thanks and I will be hunting OK Slough WMA.
-JP

irishff727

Was out there a few weeks ago just to check the place out with a buddy who is hunting there. We saw a few birds

Ricochet

Quote from: irishff727 on February 28, 2013, 06:39:29 AM
Was out there a few weeks ago just to check the place out with a buddy who is hunting there. We saw a few birds
Right on, any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.  :)
-JP

gob09

Ricochet

-JP

harvester

gob09

JP you should be scouting or on your way to...right about now good luck kill  & a fatty are they gobbling down there im sure they arewq

Sent from my C771

irishff727

Quote from: Ricochet on February 28, 2013, 11:10:51 PM
Quote from: irishff727 on February 28, 2013, 06:39:29 AM
Right on, any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Don't really have any tips as I have never hunted birds there just was out with a buddy who spotted a few. I would say get as much scouting as possible and set up early

Ricochet

No luck yet - going to wrap things up tomorrow, so I hope to out with a bang! I have some good intel and trying to decide where I want to go. :fud:
-JP

harvester

mfd1027

Good luck JP.    Have you been hearing any gobbling???   I've got a friend that starts his hunt there tomorrow (I think,  it's the next time frame). 
Dan

Ricochet

The Osceolas were not cooperating, so no luck but I did hear some gobbling on the roost - on the ground was a different story (nothing).  My SC season starts Friday!  :)
-JP