turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scouting Report

Started by spurman, February 26, 2013, 06:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

Finally made it to the woods yesterday. I was walking around a small field and walked right up on 3 long beards down in this low spot. We didn't see each other until I was about 50 yards away. I also saw some hens feeding on acorns in this old road bed. There was a lot of fresh scratchings, they had really tore the area up. I am going to keep an eye on that area, but no telling where they will be when season comes in. I have more places to scout, hope to get out again later this week.

Anyone else been out?
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

ve gone on a couple of outings before our 3 huge snowstorms, and Harrison and I saw a small flock of 5-6 nice gobblers in a field that I am planning on being in on opening day.
Come'on May 3rd!

spurman

I made it to the woods for a little while this morning. Came upon this flock in a small field. There are several strutters in there but they saw me and came out of strutt. Had the camera set on auto and got a real good picture of some limbs but the turkeys are all out of focus. Sorry >:(

spurman

Went scouting again Sat. there was lots of sign and saw a few turkeys. We saw a hen with a 6-7 inch beard, that was cool.

doublegobble

Went down to southern Iowa this weekend to secure our hunting spots. Ended up picking up an additional 1300 acres from 3 farmers. Looking forward to a great year!
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

spurman

Quote from: doublegobble on March 25, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
Went down to southern Iowa this weekend to secure our hunting spots. Ended up picking up an additional 1300 acres from 3 farmers. Looking forward to a great year!

Congratulation on the new hunting land, that is a good score.

Bill

longbeard95

Talked to a farmer last weekend and said he has 3 big toms coming up to eat with his heifers every day. I have always been able to kill a bird on this property every year! Pretty pumped for April 10th!

spurman

Quote from: longbeard95 on March 26, 2013, 03:58:38 PM
Talked to a farmer last weekend and said he has 3 big toms coming up to eat with his heifers every day. I have always been able to kill a bird on this property every year! Pretty pumped for April 10th!

:icon_thumright:

chatterbox

With the warm weather finally moving in, we are starting to have some good turkey sightings!
Saw a bunch all balled up this week, and it's only gonna get warmer from here!