turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, 2-26-13

Started by Duke0002, February 26, 2013, 12:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me" (Mark 8:34-35).

Each Christian has his or her own cross to endure in this life.  What is a cross?  Certainly it's not our method for obtaining our own forgiveness and salvation.  That was accomplished on Jesus' cross 2000 yrs ago.  Our cross is whatever we endure because we are Christians.  It's whatever we suffer because we follow the Savior and in word and deed confess His name before men.

"If you be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are you" (1 Pt 4:14).
"You shall be hated of all men for My name's sake" (Mt. 10:22).

Each believer has a cross fitted to his/her particular condition and need.  It's a burden the Lord allows us to experience with the purpose of lovingly correcting us and strengthening our faith.  It's really a token of His love for us.  We are assured that our kind Heavenly Father will never place a heavier burden on us than we are able to bear (1 Cor. 10:13).

The purposes of our cross?

+ To humble us so that we don't become so attached to the things of this world (2 Cor 12:7-9).
+ To help us suppress the "Old Adam" in us and deny worldly lusts (1 Pt. 4:1-2)
+ To galvanize our beliefs and saving faith (1 Pt. 1: 6-7).
+ To motivate us to ask for help from God in prayer (Is. 26:16).
+ To turn our attention from temporary and earthly things to spiritual and eternal things (2 Cor. 4:16-18).

The world, our flesh, the devil, daily apply pressure on us to forsake the Bible's teachings and biblical practices.  This deadly threesome has as its ultimate goal to rob us of our saving faith.  Faith criminals, I call them. 

Never look at your cross as God's pouring out His wrath upon you.  God poured out His wrath upon you on Jesus' cross!  Instead, give thanks and use your cross to learn more of the great truths of the Christian life.  What good father doesn't correct and chastise the child he loves, with the purpose of making the child a fine young man or woman?

In whatever hardships come your way, remember you have been fully redeemed and washed clean in the holy blood of Jesus.  Never give up your confidence in this truth.  Your salvation is found in Jesus' cross, not yours!

-Dale

BOFF

Thank you Dale!!

God is so good, even in His correction of our  frequent mistakes.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net