OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you have sent their guns to Rob Roberts?

Started by busta biggun, February 25, 2013, 12:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

I have read some great stuff about him. They seem to have the best story and best technology to really fine tune your gun. Just a few questions. He does claim to try your gun with different loads and choke tubes,..but here is what I am curious about. Do all roads lead to a T3 choke tube with Federal Premium #7 shot? That's the way it appears. If that is the case, maybe I can save some money and get the T3 and buy the Federals and be done with it. Wanted some opinions please.

Byhalia

Every gun is different ---- we could have same exact gun (make, model,barrel length...etc)  and they could shoot very differently !!!   You have to test pattern
to make sure !!!!  Althought it is a good place to start !! (using same info., for same gun)
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

spaightlabs

There have been a few posts on here from guys that were a little less than impressed - do a search.

busta biggun

I tried searching Rob Roberts and Gobbler Guns and got zero replies.

busta biggun

Sorry, I stand corrected. If you use lower case you get a lot of hits. Don't know why. Sorry.

forcercon1

Rob worked on 2 of my Benelli's and the customer service & job(s) performed were excellent. Here, as in most places, everyone has an opinion, I believe we sometimes do not have realistic expectations. Both guns patterned better after his work than before.

I have used two people from this site, Rob Roberts and William @ Sumtoy. I have never purchased a Rob Roberts choke but his gun work was excellent in my opinion. Willaim @ Sumtoy built a great choke for me. 

PALongspur

Rob did barrel work on my SBEII and also did some pattern testing for me. His turnaround time and customer service were superb. I ended up with one of his chokes that performs almost equally well with Winchester XRHD 5s and 6s and Federal HW 5s, 6s, and 7s. I can chamber any one of those shells and have supreme confidence. Rob's knowledge of different guns and different loads is impressive, I would not hesitate to call him to pick his brain in the future.

Be advised, his main objective is not tremendous pellet counts. He is looking for good hunting patterns with some wiggle room, which is exactly what I want.

benellinut

Rob has done my sbe 2 and my super vinci and they both shot amazing patterns and his turn around is fast.some people are never pleased no matter what

WW

CrustyRusty

I may be crazy..but I actually enjoy the patterning process.  I  would rather wring out my gun first rather than just send it out.  If I could not get results that I thought were satisfactory, I would then think about sending it out then.

My SBE2 shot really well with both Rhino chokes and Pure Gold chokes.  After alot of patterning, the Pure Gold just had the most even pattern in the 20" and adequate numbers in the 10(avg 190's) with Magblends and I couldnt see how any custom work would have improved my patterns with that combo.

Quax

I sent my barrel to rob to have the forcing cone lengthened. Turn around was excellent; however the barrel was returned without polishing after the cone was lengthened. I had to return the barrel for polishing on my own dime....

allaboutshooting

Rob is a top notch and straight forward man who does excellent work on guns. I'd recommend that you give him a call and talk to him about what you're looking for in your gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

busta biggun

Thanks guys, this is real helpful. I will give Rob a call. For the record, when I did the search in lower case, pretty much every single thread/comment about his organization was very favorable!

turkeytromp

I bought one of the benelli workshop TE edition SBEII a couple seasons ago and totally love it and of course this gun was built exclusively by Rob Roberts. 330-340 of hevi-7's in a 10" @40yds completely blew my mind. Give him a call,you will not be sorry.