Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional...Loosing Our Spirtual Sight...2/24/13

Started by pappy, February 24, 2013, 11:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I sit here this morning thinking about the loss of my eye sight in my left eye, thanking God for two eyes, at least I am not totally blinded. Then it hit me, so often as God's word does, what if I were to lose my spiritual eye sight? Is it possible for a believer to do so? What in the world could bring about spiritual blindness?
We tend to focus on worldly things, when in fact we are to be focussing our spiritual eyes on those things of a heavenly nature. Psalm 73 reveals to us this affliction coming about. 1. Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. We see God's graciuos handling of man, His mercy and providence abound for those who are His. 2.But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. 3. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Ahhhhh....here we have the beginnning of the desease the root cause of spiritual blindness. ENVY .... how many times have we as believers, looked down the street and said to ourselves, how in the world is that person living so well, when I KNOW that they are buried so deep into sin and feeding off it? Envy will eat its way into our spiritual eyes upon the first look and will remain eating away until one of two things will take place. One we realize our dilema and turn back to God or, we fall prey to its cancerous infection and lose our spiritual sight altogther, dooming our soul in sin.
12. Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.  This is what we see with our fleshly eyes.....this is what sparks our envy....16.  When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; 17. Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Here we are realizing that God is in control, He has His plans for those who are wicked and found to be ungodly. What an eye opening experience!
27. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. 28. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.  As believers we know what God has in mind for His own, and what He has in mind for those that live their lives as a customer looking for a whore, seeking that moment of self pleasure, thinking it will last for eternity....grabbing what they can, cursing God in one breath and embracing sin in the other. The only way to ensure our 20/20 spiritual eye sight, is to put our trust in God. Ever had an eye exam? Remember the poster on the wall with all the letters and the doctor says, can you read this? Well, I ask you this same question, but instead of letters all mixed up, can you read this........Joshua 24:15
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

chatterbox

vaturkey

Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

redarrow

Thanks Jack. I catch myself like so many others sometimes saying why me Lord. the real question is 'why not me Lord. I have had more eye surgeries than I can remember,but yet I still see. not as well as in my youth,but I still see. This past Oct. I went deaf in my right ear.Thank God for 2 ears. I still hear. Though I may someday loose my sight and my hearing I will still see and I will still hear. Praise God all mighty for his love and grace. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

BOFF

Thank You Jack!!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord Jesus!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)