turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Shell In Town White Lightning

Started by agturkey, February 21, 2013, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumby

no pattern pics yet...been slammed at work but hopefully will get out this weekend and i will post as soon as i get them

Isomaad

What's more important...work or letting us all know how them new shells pattern?  C'mon brother, you need to get your priorities in order!  Hee!  Hee!  Seriously though, I too am interested in seeing how these new lead loads shoot.  HTL just keeps going up in price and I can justify $5.00-$6.00 a pop on a turkey's noggin but it gets quite expensive when you can't leave well enough alone (like me) and want to experiment with different chokes, sights, etc.

Gumby

ha....trust me!! If I could skip work for a day of shooting/patterning I would!! Plans to do so this weekend and as soon as I am finished I will report back here with the results.  On a side note, I sent an email to SpectraShot with a question. My email was answered about five minutes later by the owner of the company. It was about 7pm central time and he responded from his iPhone....Impressive customer support.

cordgrass

I posted this a while back.  A guy a work with gave me two of them.  He knows the owners. 

sbe ii 28"  Indian creek and jellyhead

Here are my numbers for white lighting
IC   40   3   6   1 5/8   spectra white lighting   135
JH   40   3   6   1 5/8   spectra white lighting   116

lowoctane

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 22, 2013, 03:50:33 AM
QuoteMy best groups come from a 650 kicks in my Remington 870.

I already own this combo.  Haven't patterned the .650 with Turkey loads yet.  Waiting for warmer temps.

That shell needs to be on a store shelf somewhere.  I don't order ammo through the mail.
Cabelas is supposed to carry them.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

R AJ

Quote from: lowoctane on March 05, 2013, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 22, 2013, 03:50:33 AM
QuoteMy best groups come from a 650 kicks in my Remington 870.

I already own this combo.  Haven't patterned the .650 with Turkey loads yet.  Waiting for warmer temps.

That shell needs to be on a store shelf somewhere.  I don't order ammo through the mail.
Cabelas is supposed to carry them.

Cabela's shows the waterfowl load but not the White Lightning loads. They certainly could have them soon.

hawk

I just got off the phone w/Cabelas cust. serv. and thay have no clue. Odd since the #2 waterfowel load shows on their site. I put one box in my cart at the Spectra site and it was $14 plus change for shipping and $22 for the shells so that was the end of that. If I can't buy em locally I won't be shooting them. 

Gumby

My report/pics on the way these pattern coming tomorrow

Gumby

Here are my pics from today with the White Lightning:

3" 1-5/8oz #6
40 yards and 55 Degrees
91 inside the 10

Ithaca Turkeyslayer, Briley .675 Ithaca Plus Choke

These are a very even patterning load. I was impressed. Doesn't quite match my 225 hits with Hevi13 #7 but decent for lead. I have gotten higher numbers with other lead loads but never any quite so even.

Gumby

For what it's worth I had 180 hits at 30 yards in the 10" with the White Lightning so big drop to 40 as expected. Very even at all yardages.

BandedSpur

Quote from: Gumby on March 08, 2013, 05:12:14 PM
Here are my pics from today with the White Lightning:

3" 1-5/8oz #6
40 yards and 55 Degrees
91 inside the 10

Ithaca Turkeyslayer, Briley .675 Ithaca Plus Choke

These are a very even patterning load. I was impressed. Doesn't quite match my 225 hits with Hevi13 #7 but decent for lead. I have gotten higher numbers with other lead loads but never any quite so even.

Nice even pattern. I imagine a tighter choke would increase those totals considerably.

Gumby

I agree, a tighter choke would bump the numbers up and I might look into it.  I'm not a big paper numbers chaser and just go for an even pattern. Ill repost results if I tighten it up.

Ded Goblr

Doesn't appear they are worth $22.50+s+h a box..

Gumby

Not worth the cost for my gun anyways! Like I said, very even patterns and if I wanted I could tinker and make them work with higher numbers. My gun likes other loads better.