turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3 moa and 8 moa

Started by GOOSESLAYER, February 20, 2013, 08:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOOSESLAYER

i know this has been started a few times but having a hard time deciding what size to go with does anyone have a pic or their FF3 3 MOA dot and someone have a pic of their 8 MOA dot??? Thanks

Skeeterbait

Boils down to a 3 MOA dot will put a dot on a gobbler's head at 40 yards and an 8 MOA dot will cover up a gobblers head at 40 yards.  Which ever you prefer.

gdublongwilly

I just bought the 8moa FFIII and am super happy with it.  I have used my buddy's bushnell holosight with a 1 moa, but now that I have the 8 moa, would not want anything much smaller.  I'm sure they both work great, just comes down to personal preference.  If I get time, will post pic of my 8 moa dot for you.

gdublongwilly

GOOSESLAYER

Thanks...........if anyone with a 3 moa could do that same thing for me as above it would be much appreciated

spaightlabs

Just guessing it'll be a little less than half that size...

:icon_thumright:

FullChoke

*Warning* Math approaching.

An 8" moment of angle (MOA) dot means that it represents the size of an 8" diameter circle at a distance of 100 yards. 3" MOA is the same way.

Therefore, at 40 yards the 8"MOA dot will cover 3.2" diameter circle and will cover 2.4" @ 30 yards.

The 3"MOA dot will cover 1.2" diameter circle @ 40 yards and .9" @ 30 yards.

Hope that this helps put it in perspective.

Math off.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

BrowningGuy88

I recently received my 3 moa FF3 and putting it on a turkey head target you can put the dot on whichever waddle you want to shoot! It doesn't cover the turkey head, but allows you to pinpoint a place on the head/neck.

I wouldn't want it any larger personally.

wvnut3

Its a personal preference,I have 2 FF3 with 8moa and 1 FF2

Byhalia

decisions....decisions  !!!!         :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:   

more of a personal preference
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

shuey270

FullChoke

I have the Mueller QuickShot on my gun. It has 3" and 5" MOA dots, Euro-dot and CQB reticles available on the sight. In doing a side-by-side comparison of the various reticles, I decided that I wanted to see the 3" MOA dot when I was looking at a tom.  The other reticles have their place, but the 3" MOA dot gives me immediate target acquisition and the ability to see more of the gobbler prior to pulling the trigger.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Thegobblergetter

I agree with Fullchoke about the idea of being able to put the dot on the gobbler's head/neck and still being able to see the remainder of the bird.  I have a 3MOA FFII and a 3MOA FFIII.  With the FFIII one has the ability to change the intensity of the dot which , in essence, makes it look bigger or smaller depending on the light conditions.  Too each his own!!  John

spaightlabs

If the 8 moa dot covering a 3.2 inch circle at 40 yards prevents you from seeing the rest of the gobbler you are shooting really, really small turkeys...

chatterbox

8 MOA dot for me. I prefer the bigger dot. The 3 was simply too smallfor my liking.