Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Counting down...

Started by whiskey, February 19, 2013, 02:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

23 days and a wake up till Alabama season opens.

31 days and a wake up till Tennessee youth hunt

38 days and a wake up till Tennessee season opener.

52 days and a wake up till Kentucky season opener.

whiskey

I called to firm up my Alabama opener today. I have to go see a new spot in TN this weekend. My buddy reported seeing over 100 on our KY place this past weekend while coyote hunting. Buttercups are everywhere. I am ready.

spitndrum

I need to find me some bama land to hunt

whiskey

:jesus-cross:
Quote from: spitndrum on February 25, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
I need to find me some bama land to hunt

This will be my first time on this new place. If I weren't taking my KY hunt swap buddy, I'd take you with me. There is some good public land in Alabama. The WMA near Skyline has birds, just south of Winchester. It's mountain hunting though. Talladega national forrest has some birds too, lots of land too. I hunted around Oxford.

whiskey

Sighted in and did some pattern verification today. I really like the new FFIII. The slip on sun shade was great. I was thankful my buddy had a lead sled for the sighting in. I don't like shooting 3.5" in the 535. Also got my daughter's 20ga sighted with the hand-me-down FFII. Guns are just a barrel cleaning away from being "opening day ready".

11 days and a wake up till the Alabama opener.

whiskey

3 more days till the Alabama head bustin' begins. Wish me luck. Have had reports from the family that the turkeys are out and about in the fields. I hope this week's warmer weather will have them fired up.

whiskey

I am worried about the weather. This cold snap won't help things. I have a public spot that we have scored on the last two years on the youth hunt. It's kinda like a bonus bird since we aren't hunting our private land flock. But it's a tough hunt if they aren't a little hot.