Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Introductions

Started by gdublongwilly, February 17, 2013, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdublongwilly

Hi all!  My first year being part of the team contest here at Old Gobbler.  Looking forward to the upcoming season.  I live and hunt in good ol' PA.  I used to hunt NY as well but haven't in the last couple years due to being busy with kids.  I look forward to getting to know everyone and layin' the smack down on some PA thunder chickens this Spring! 

appalachianstruttstopper

Hey ya'll, my first year on a team contest also. Still learning the computer stuff, so I might hafta call on some help on a few things now and then. I live in VA, and will be starting my season off mid march in FL and GA. SC,VA,NC from April til mid May. Hope I have some good luck to bring some nice scores to the team.

:funnyturkey:

dvdegeorge

Hey guys and Gal...I hail from Western NY and I also hunt Pa. Good luck to Team B have fun and be safe!

Huntress

Hey guys!  This would be my 2nd year out, hope to do us proud.  Live in WV, moving to KY, remains to be seen where I'll work on nailing a gobbler down.  I have a back up spot that was hot last year...  can't wait to get out there!

Can we change our team name to something more exciting then team "b"?  How about Team BTD - Big Tom Down or something better...  You've probably been at it longer than me so you know all the turkey hunting terms...

wvboy

My name is Randy and I am from Manassas Va.  I am heading to Florida in 3 weeks to get things started.. do we have a team name yet?
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Borat

I'm Keith, also residing in Virginia. I plan on hunting TN, AL, SC, VA, MD, NY, and hopefully a public KY bird.

latimer shedhead

Hey guys, just seen I was on a team today. I'm John, and this will be my third time on a team, I'm from the gulf coast of Mississippi, with the season opening this weekend. I have planned hunts in the Ozarks, and Tn. This will be my 32nd year as an addict, and the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm a lot slower. Be safe and good luck everyone.

bcknuts

Hi ya'll I'm from south Fl west coast. First time in this contest. Just found this site and love it.have been hunting deer for40 years Turkey are a new passion for three years now. I have some good teachers and I am a fast learner.Have got a couple birds every year I've gone will post my best to date later.Looking forward to chatting with ya'll soon. Take no prisoners and good luck.  O ya love the team name :fud:
Kevin

jordanz7935

Hi guys my names Jordan im from upstate NY.Im new to the site and to the contest.Great website.Ive been addicted to huntin turkeys since my first hunt 11 years ago.Been pretty successful over the years. I hunt close to home near cooperstown,ny.I shoot a mossberg 935 with a kicks .680 with magblends and an 870 20 gauge with Fed HW 7s. Gotta wait til May 1st up here to get started but i will be ready to bust some heads.Hope to get some good footage this spring.I video most of my hunts.Good luck guys!

trippsims

Hey guys, my name is Tripp. I am from Mississippi, and have been hunting here all my life. I have been into this cat and mouse game for about five years now. I had my best season last year, my land was clear cut of all pines but my beloved hard woods are still there, so we will see what they have in store for me come Friday!

Good luck to all! Be safe, and have fun above all!

appalachianstruttstopper

Well, gotta monkey wrench throwed into my spring this year. I was hoping to bring some good scores in with my extra long season, but I gotta job that is gonna train me on daytime at least the first three weeks of season, and here in VA, season closes at 12 for the first 3 weeks. I am still going to FL and GA, but SC and NC is out. Oh well, the thought was fun while it lasted. Good luck to all this season, maybe I'll have a good FL bird to score with.

gdublongwilly

Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on March 14, 2013, 10:00:14 PM
Well, gotta monkey wrench throwed into my spring this year. I was hoping to bring some good scores in with my extra long season, but I gotta job that is gonna train me on daytime at least the first three weeks of season, and here in VA, season closes at 12 for the first 3 weeks. I am still going to FL and GA, but SC and NC is out. Oh well, the thought was fun while it lasted. Good luck to all this season, maybe I'll have a good FL bird to score with.

Sorry to here your plans got spoiled.  Hopefully you'll still be able to have a good season in the other states.  You at least get to hunt multiple states, I am pretty jealous of that.  I am looking forward to hitting a couple of the states you hunt in the next couple of years though.  Good Luck! :OGani:

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: gdublongwilly on March 14, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: appalachianstruttstopper on March 14, 2013, 10:00:14 PM

Sorry to here your plans got spoiled.  Hopefully you'll still be able to have a good season in the other states.  You at least get to hunt multiple states, I am pretty jealous of that.  I am looking forward to hitting a couple of the states you hunt in the next couple of years though.  Good Luck! :OGani:

Probably gonna be pretty tough on me hunting a week in march and haveing to wait until the middle of may to hunt evenings in VA. Oh well, all good things hafta come to an end LOL

theghost_03

Hey guys got a first timer here!  My name is Dustin and I am from SW Minnesota. Got a hunt here planned, one in the badlands and another in the black hills of SD. Also heading to Kansas for a Rio. Hoping for 4 trips with some birds on the ground. I'm 28 and been hunting birds since I was 12 so I'm definitely an addict!  Gotta try and squeeze my wedding in this spring too if my fiancĂ© is lucky!  Good luck guys!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS