Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

best android apps

Started by gob09, February 17, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

guys, do any of you have an android phone if so what are some of the best free or cheapest app.s for like facebook ,old gobbler and general web browsing 

harvester

I may be wrong but I don't think they have apps that are free for general data useage like what you are looking for. I've not saw anything like that but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

gob09

like for fb i just down loaded that one whats your favorite app dustin

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on February 17, 2013, 08:34:00 PM
like for fb i just down loaded that one whats your favorite app dustin

I really don't have a favorite. I just look at all the turkey forums or tndeer.

keyser12ga

It's not free but I really like Tapatalk for viewing forums.  Not all forums are listed, but it's worth the $2 something. 

I also like RedLaser, it is free, you can scan barcodes and tags with it and it finds the cheapest place to buy it, reviews, and such. 

Evernote is another free one I use alot for taking quick notes and storing them.

Flipboard is a pretty awesome free news/special interest app that you can customize.

Google Now is also really cool and useful.

mfd1027

You'll definitely want a weather app or two.   I pay for the one's I have but there's millions of free one's that are really good.   I also have Backcountry Navigator and Cabela's Recon Hunt for navigation (GPS) stuff.    You also need a flashlight, compass and maybe even a magnifying glass if you can't see menu's like I can't. lol   Just go to the Google Play store and start looking.  The nice thing is you can try the free one's out and just delete them if you don't like them.   

I love that Backcountry Navigator because I can create a map of the boundaries of my leases on Google Earth by using the "create a path" feature .  I then save that path as a KML file and then download it into Backcountry.   Then when I navigate with my phone (without a cell signal because my phone has a built in GPS - most do)  I can see exactly where I am and where the boundary lines are.   It really helps when posting a property, hanging stands and just keeping out of trouble..  The property lines aren't exact like a survey but they're close enough.    It's amazing what these new phones will do.   
Dan

gob09

Dang ill try  to find some of those apps tapAtalk for sure

Moore

Boy I dont know that I'm on team high tech rednecks lol.Shoot I must be a backwoods redneck that has a flip phone
[

gob09

Shawn  I held out for along time but  wanted be able to get on Google earth

mfd1027

Same with me and then when I had the chance to upgrade I did in a big way.   I've got one of those "GIANT"   Galaxy Note 2's.    I love it.   I had no idea what I was missing.   
Dan

gob09

Hell yeah got tapatalk

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2