turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossburg 500 choke

Started by the Ward, February 17, 2013, 07:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

A friend is going turkey hunting this year for the first time.He has a Mossburg 500 12 Gauge 28"barrel.I have zero experience with what these guns like for a choke.I have a large supply of lead loads in different flavors to test.Poi isn't a concern as he already has a scope on the gun.The truglo ssx and jellyhead seem to be good chokes for a good price.Thank you for any advice/recommendations you can pass along..........ward

chatterbox

Quote from: the Ward on February 17, 2013, 07:34:27 AM
A friend is going turkey hunting this year for the first time.He has a Mossburg 500 12 Gauge 28"barrel.I have zero experience with what these guns like for a choke.I have a large supply of lead loads in different flavors to test.Poi isn't a concern as he already has a scope on the gun.The truglo ssx and jellyhead seem to be good chokes for a good price.Thank you for any advice/recommendations you can pass along..........ward
Jellyheads work very well in that gun for the money. If I was gonna spend a little more money, I would chat with Willam Lambert at SumToy. He can hook your buddy up with a good choke for that gun.

the Ward

Thanks for the info!I was thinking the jellyhead would be a good one for that gun.This being his first try at turkey i dont think he wants to start spending alot on tubes right off the bat.If he's like the rest of us he will get hooked and the choke collection will start lol!Sumtoy would be an excellent option also as i see he will work with you to get what you want and for not much more than what  a jellyhead would cost.Thanks again for your advice!.....ward