OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hevi 13 vs. nitro comparison on straight 7 shot

Started by DirtNap647, January 17, 2013, 07:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

palongbeard

Mossy 835 - Go with Nitros !!   If shooting #7's use a choke constriction in the .675-.680 range.   I shoot a Mossy 835 with a Rhino .695 choke and Nitro Co Ammo H517T #4x5x7 - 2 7/16oz - 3 1/2 inch and the pattern is unbeatable.   My buddy shoots same gun with Indian Creek .680 with Nitro #7's and gets great pattern results.   Either combo is a crusher !

01Foreman400

If you can find the right choke for the Nitro 2 7/16 oz. #7 loads it will not be beat by any other load you can buy.  That load packs a lot of pellets and is going a good bit faster than the Hevi-13's.  I only counted pellets on one target while shooting the Nitro 2 7/16 oz. #7's last year and got 327 hits out of a dirty barrel.  Hoping to do a little better this year. 
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

ryanva88

Talked to nitro Friday asking about my order of 7's. They currently have a shortage of #7 shot, and they dont know exactly when the next shipment comes in. Also said that they may not be able to load straight 7's this year if they dont get enough in, so they can use their limited supply on their blended loads...

01Foreman400

Quote from: ryanva88 on February 17, 2013, 11:01:30 PM
Talked to nitro Friday asking about my order of 7's. They currently have a shortage of #7 shot, and they dont know exactly when the next shipment comes in. Also said that they may not be able to load straight 7's this year if they dont get enough in, so they can use their limited supply on their blended loads...

That stinks.

Britton40

The H-13 don't pattern consistently year to year, the Nitro batch I got last year dropped from 250s to 180s.

I'm going Federal HW #7 this year. I've seen these bad boys in action on Gobblers and Plywood.  It seems they have been more consistent, if you find the right choke.

01Foreman400

Quote from: ryanva88 on February 17, 2013, 11:01:30 PM

I talked to Nitro today and the #7's came in and they are going to be loading my 2 Boxes of 3.5" 2 7/16 oz. #7's next week.   :blob10: