turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Hevi13 Price?

Started by bowhunter2k9, February 15, 2013, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

Hey guys, I went to buy some Hevishot and BAM... prices were ridiculous!!! 39.99 for 5 shots... Looks like lead this year for me unless you guys know of any good prices!!!
Romans 8:38-39

packmule

If you google Hevi13 turkey loads you can find 3" boxes of 5 shells for $26-30, not including shipping.  There is also the $10 rebate available through the manufacturer.  Still expensive, but less than the prices you've encountered.

Good luck!

BrowningGuy88

Magblends are $35 locally. I believe I will just be shooting Nitros out of the 935 for that kinda price.

WW

Hopefully they'll have another rebate this year.....I bought a lot from cabelas on sale for $19.99 a box and free shipping and sent my rebates in for $5 off each box last year for a total of $14.99 per box.... 12 gauge 3.5 inch #6's.

chatterbox

Don't think for one miniute the discontinuation of Win XRHD hasn't been noticed by EM. I bet the prices for Hevi-13 will skyrocket instead of decrease.
If I didn't have plenty of HTL left, I would look into Nitros or handloading.

paboxcall

Quote from: chatterbox on February 15, 2013, 03:30:58 PM
If I didn't have plenty of HTL left, I would look into Nitros or handloading.

Same boat, I made a little stock pile of 3-2-7 just in case.

:icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

FullChoke

Wow, 8 bucks a shot?!!!!!?  :o :o :o :o :o

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but this is making my TSS handloads look frugal at $6.75 per squeeze.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

R AJ

Academy sports had the best prices but they have probably sold out by now.

Check Rogers Sporting Goods, Graf & Sons ( Best Shipping Price ) .

chatterbox

When you are in the drivers seat like EM is, you hold all the cards.
Sad, but that's the way it's going to be going forward.
Stock up............ A storm is brewing.

spaightlabs

Not sure where you live, but Sportsmans Warehouse has 3 in Magblends for 26.  Add the rebate and it's not too bad.

Big Timber

Rockhound

Quote from: FullChoke on February 15, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

Not wanting to hijack your thread, but this is making my TSS handloads look frugal at $6.75 per squeeze.

FC

X2

My 10 ga. 2-1/2 oz load of tss8's run about $9.30

fowlfan

The price of tungsten has risen extremely fast for the past few years. Look for Hevi-13 on Rogers and be sure to take advantage of the rebate on the HeviShot website, it'll help. The website is www.hevishot.com

paboxcall

Quote from: FullChoke on February 15, 2013, 04:56:35 PM

FC

I always say 'you can't put a price tag on fun.'               :goofball:

I don't mind paying the money for the performance.  Hevi 3-2-7 simply blows any lead load I've tried so stocking up was a no brainer for me.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

01Foreman400

I stocked up on some 3".  $20.99 a box. 

Huntin Fool From Georgia!