Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 2/15/2013 "Checklist"

Started by BOFF, February 14, 2013, 10:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Most of this devotional is paraphrasing from Will You Worship by Ray Jones. In getting ready for the upcoming turkey season, I'm getting really excited. I'm longing to hear a turkey gobble, to see him puffed up with a full fan, and dance in the leaves with his strutt. I'm making plans and checking them off, so I will be prepared. I don't want to get out on the first morning, and then find out I'm missing something important, which would cause failure.

Much the same, in our worshiping God, we need to be prepared. We can't worship effectively, only on Sundays. It needs to be, and is required by God, to be a daily thing. We are made to worship Him, in all we do, everyday. A simple checklist is written in Psalms, to see if we are worshiping Him in our work, play, and daily lives.

Psalm 15:1-5 (MSG)

15 God, who gets invited to dinner at your place? How do we get on your guest list?

2 "Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.

3-4 "Don't hurt your friend, don't blame your neighbor; despise the despicable.

5 "Keep your word even when it costs you, make an honest living, never take a bribe. "You'll never get blacklisted if you live like this."

So how is your worship? Does your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday match up with your Sundays?

Father God,
Thank you for Your never ending love, grace, and mercy. Protect us from Satan's temptations, and guard our hearts. May all we do, be pleasing in Your sight. Not for our glory, but Yours. For it is in Jesus precious and Holy name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Very important lesson David, thanks so much!!!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002