OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tube call reeds

Started by Austy, February 14, 2013, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

This question is for those of you who are making Tube calls on a regular basis.  What have you found to be the easiest way to put the reeds onto your calls, especially when doing a double or triple reed call??? 

pappy

I have not tried putting more then one reed on a tube call. I use .004" but if you wanted to change the sound you could go .005 or .006" instead of doubling or tripling the reed.
here is a video on how to install a reed on a tube call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfSHHXzqOg
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Austy

Thanks for the link Pappy!!

Gawhitaker

Enjoyed the video, thanks Pappy

SCGobbler

I have about 4 tube calls that are useless right now.

Where do you all get your reed material.  I have checked ever Physical therapy place and medical supply house in my area and no one knows what a Theraband is or the only have the very thick ones.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

SCGobbler

I checked with Pioneer and the default shipping is outrageous!  12.00 for $1.44 worth of latex!  I think I will call them instead.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Scpossum

5ft yellow theraband is on Amazon for $7.25 and free shipping.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: SCGobbler on April 02, 2014, 07:11:15 AM
I have about 4 tube calls that are useless right now.

Where do you all get your reed material.  I have checked ever Physical therapy place and medical supply house in my area and no one knows what a Theraband is or the only have the very thick ones.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Send me your address and I'll send you some.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gawhitaker

My dentist gave me some dental dam. Not sure of the thickness but it does sound good on the tubes.

Illini Tom

if you dont take joe up on his offer, you can get them from midwest turkey call supply; thats where i've always got them

randywallace

I ordered a roll from Epley at Pioneer years ago.  Should last me until sometime around the year 2312 if I live that long.  He told me to put it in the refrigerator to extend shelf life and so far that has worked fine.  Send me a letter to my office (Randy Wallace @ 103 Woodchase Park Drive, Clinton, MS  39056) with a stamped/metered self addressed envelope back to you and I will send you a few feet.

magnumgray

I called a local physical therapy office and they sold me  three feet for $5 ..... I got some yellow and green ..... by the way this is the same material used by knight and hale ,,,,, one of their reeds said  theraband on it

barry

barry

We put reeds on my calls like this...