OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's everyone shooting this season?

Started by BrowningGuy88, February 14, 2013, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full_Fan

Rem 26" SP-10.
TruGlow Tru-Point.
Comp-N-Choke 0.695.
Win XX #6 lead (for many years).
Just picked up some Fed HW #7 and am looking for a new choke.

Onpoint

Remington 870 special purpose, Burris ff3, sumtoy .660 with Winchester 3" HV #5's.

Devastator

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on February 16, 2013, 07:54:01 PM
Remington 870 special purpose, Burris ff3, sumtoy .660 with Winchester 3" HV #5's.
??your shooting an 870 sp 10 gauge??

Onpoint

Quote from: timb on February 16, 2013, 09:28:41 PM
Quote from: 19onpoint85 on February 16, 2013, 07:54:01 PM
??your shooting an 870 sp 10 gauge??
Didn't realize I was in the 10 gauge section, my bad fellas.

jerf

For got to add a tru-glo 30mm red/green dot on the sp-10

steveo

Browning BPS 24" Barrel Gobble dot magnum sights Fed HW-7 2oz Kicks 685 all the same stuff but changed last year to the Fed HW 7s..........still shoot some of old Rem-Win 2 1/4oz loads of 6s because I have them and they shhot great, never had issues with them just got caught up in the newer is better hype plus dont think they make the 2 1/4oz loads anymore.   

Old Gobbler

Quote from: steveo on February 20, 2013, 11:17:32 AM
Browning BPS 24" Barrel Gobble dot magnum sights Fed HW-7 2oz Kicks 685 all the same stuff but changed last year to the Fed HW 7s..........still shoot some of old Rem-Win 2 1/4oz loads of 6s because I have them and they shhot great, never had issues with them just got caught up in the newer is better hype plus dont think they make the 2 1/4oz loads anymore.   
I would be interested to know how your gun shot with the .685 kicks fed 2 oz HW #7  - there are a couple of us using the .690 and are very interested to know how a slight change would do

thanks in advance --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

10ga.Trauma

Remington sp-10 Hastings 685 or 710 ( verdict is still out on that) 23" barrel and a leupold 1-4x20 turkey plex scope. Shooting federal heavyweight number 7's, bass pro in my town had the only ones I could find so I bought all 6 boxes they had lol, and a box of 6's just to see if there was a discernible difference. :turkey:

steveo

Old Gobbler, I love the way it shoots, the 685 was the choke recommended to me by Kicks when I started shooting Winchester 6s, when the new Fed HW came out I called and asked if it was ok to shoot this out of that choke and they said they had tested and patterns had been nice/even for the #7 load. I ran two boxes thru the gun/choke and am impressed I do see a bit of chewing on the wad but no concerns, I am no pellet counter but do test to make sure gun/chokes work together, 20,30,40 yard patterns are great 50yd as well but don't do much shooting at that range. I killed 2 gobblers last season 1 at 10yds almost took his head off, and 1 at 45yds both killed on impact !. Again never had issues with the Winchesters and that set up but liked the idea of a heavy weight shot and penetration........and this HW stuff hits hard !.

Rockhound

I also shoot the 690 im going to test a couple more in a day or two when weather is fitting.  Might have to try the 685 out of the sp10

BrowningGuy88

I will be rolling with the MagBlends for sure this year! I haven't bought the Kicks 690 for the Feds, but with the way the MagBlends are running I am set!

Combo nailed down:

Browning BPS 24"
Factory Beads
Hastings 685
Hevi MagBlends 2 3/8 ounce
Claw Sling

wis. bowhunter

h&r single shot   rhino .720 choke   nitro 4x5x7 and going to try nitro mega weights this year. truglo red dot sight.

mojo02

Mike Honcho

BPS 24" camo, Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Stopper adjustable iron sights, .690 Jellyhead
Remington Premium Turkey Lead sixes until I pick up some Mag Blends

Steve

I have a couple in the arsenal again this year...

Tulle De Chasse custom made flintlock (20 ga) loaded up with some powder and #6 shot.

Then I also have my old trusty 870 Express that I think I'm going to pattern some of those Hornady loads out of this year and see how they do.