News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Public land trip....Where would you go?

Started by atoler, February 12, 2013, 01:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atoler

Quote from: gobbler336 on February 12, 2013, 10:26:56 PM
hmmm, curious as to why you pick the 15-21, ya'lls season is still in then, i assume you think you should have tagged out by then, 8 birds by april 15 is doing it.  if a challenge is what you want then just head east over to sc and hunt the sumter national forest, that is absolutely hands down the toughest place to kill birds i have run across and the limit is 5.  i hunt about 3 or 4 different states each year and that place will humble ya, i have yet to kill 5 in a week there.  if ya head west the birds are gonna be easier, i have heard that LBL gets hammered, though i haven't tried my hand there.  if you wait a couple weeks you will have alot more options up north.  OH would be a good option, find a place you like and call the local warden, they can be a wealth of info.

My huntin buddy thats goin with me could not go any later, hes already headed to nebraska 2 weeks after this trip. not really lookin for a challenge, I get plenty of those around here. and the likelyhood of me killin 8 birds by april 15th is slim, I call for too many other people. I would really just like to experience some good turkey hunting in a different setting.

Thanks for all the advice fellas.

atoler

Ruger M77

The only state i've hunted besides PA is kentucky i was down there last year and it was awesome. Plannin on goin back down this year. I'd like to try south eastern ohio and tenesee somtime
I eat therefore I hunt

jblackburn

Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma have public land with good populations.  It's hard to beat Kansas because of the Walk In Hunting Area (WIHA) program plus state parks.  Missouri has many MDC areas and all the Mark Twain National Forest land.  Oklahoma has Black Kettle and several conservation areas.

I had good luck on KY public land when I lived there.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.