Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

VOODOO MAFIA kill thread...

Started by joshua, February 09, 2013, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua

Post up your stories, congrats and all other turkey talk here.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TNTOM

As a "honorary" member of the Voodoo Mafia I thought I would share a couple photos from this weekend.  I'm moving to CA this week which only left me this weekend to hit it hard.  MS season opened Friday the 15th and I put some hours in the last three days.  I took a decent bird Saturday and another on Sunday.  Both were almost identical with 9"-9.5" beards and .75"-1" spurs and both just short of 19 lbs.  The birds still aren't gobbling much so I did some serious walking to strike these up.  I hated that I had to bail on you guys this season but I also didn't want to put up a goose egg.  I wasn't sure when I would be moving and I didn't even know if I would have last weekend.   

Go get 'em guys (and gal)

joshua

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Good luck with the move out west.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

whiskey

My 14 year old busted this on in the face this morning. A full 40 yard neck breaker from the Mossberg Bantam with Mag Blends. 3rd bird in 3 years on the opening day of youth weekend in TN.

Her signature move

joshua

Cool deal. Congrats to her. The weather looks like it will get better over the next few days. Hope ya'll put a hurting on em next weekend.

reynolds243

Rolled up a double with my buddy this morning. Truly bless and thankful to god for such an awesome morning.

wildcat14

reynolds243

Roost 1

reynolds243

whiskey

Turkey killing machines! Congrats guys.

whiskey

Broke the ice in TN this morning.

wildcat14

whiskey

My daughter killed her first Kentucky gobbler this morning on the youth hunt. She's a sure-nuff turkey slayer. She stayed twisted in a pretzel for an hour waiting for this one to walk in front of the gun. Then... She shot him in the face! He flopped in a puddle and got all wet.

Thanks to Roost1 for putting on some birds.

joshua

Congrats to the young lady again. It took a few days to figure out the birds on the new lease. It's starting to come together.