Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Bustabeak made me do it.

Started by dirt road ninja, February 09, 2013, 01:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

My old 835 was having problems and after seeing Bustabeak's new toy I ordered a new 935 with a 26 inch tube. Also, ordered a Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock for her today. Between the chokes I have and Davisd9 it should be no problem finding a wicked pattern. I will post pics as I get stuff in and try different loads.

Bustabeak

Well, as you said about me, it's better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission. I don't like speaking on behalf of people, and I maybe out of line saying this, but On behalf of Team spur collectors we  forgive you! LOL!!!

I've always wanted a 935 too, post some pictures as soon as you get it and they may make me want to go get one as well!!!

davisd9

We will have her over the 300 mark!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 09, 2013, 01:02:49 PM
My old 835 was having problems and after seeing Bustabeak's new toy I ordered a new 935 with a 26 inch tube. Also, ordered a Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock for her today. Between the chokes I have and Davisd9 it should be no problem finding a wicked pattern. I will post pics as I get stuff in and try different loads.

I hope you enjoy it! I know I can't wait to get mine off of layaway.

trkehunr93

Awesome!  If they made a 935 for lefty's I'd get one.  Us left haded shooters have a hard time finding autoloaders that eject to the left and not right in front of your face, OUCH!

dirt road ninja

Shot the new gun today and overall it did well. My numbers are a little lower than I would have like to have seen, but overall she is on the right path. I shot Hevi 7's in the 2 1/4 oz load, Magblends 2 1/4 oz loads and Nitro straight 7's in the 2 7/16 oz load. Chokes used were Mad Max .695, Jellyhead .690, Stardot .676 and a Indian Creek .675. The Indian Creek was the winner with all three loads and the Hevi 13 7's did the best. I plan on shooting it once more before the season, then I'll polish the tube and shoot it again after the season closes.