OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Picking a New 20?

Started by K9Doc, February 06, 2013, 10:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9Doc

Soooo many options.  Money is not a huge issue cause I'm selling an 11-87 SuperMag Turkey.
Narrowed it down to Semi-Auto;
Weatherby SA-08
Win SX3
Beretta 390 or 3901 if I can find it
Benelli M2
Opinions needed
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

outdoors

:fud:   Benelli M2  26".    :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

savduck

I love a beretta 390. My all time favorite gun. They now make the 3901, but the old Walmart style 390 is tough to find and bring premium price when they show up on places like gun broker.

After much research last year, I decided to buy a weatherby SA08. It is based on the beretta 390 gas system. After I got it and broke it down for cleaning, other than where the chamber latch is and the gas cap everything else is an exact match of my beretta 390 and I mean EVERYTHING. I had an old B square beretta saddle mount, put it on the weatherby and it lined up perfect. Mine is a shooter and averages  around 155 in 10, but I have hit several in the high 170s.

I have recommended this gun to several guys and most all of them have provided positive feedback, and so far all have put up big federal 7 numbers patterns wise with the sum toy 562-5. Another advantage is that weatherby does have a pistol grip available is you want to go that route and has excellent customer service if you need it.

My latest buddy to get one just shot his the first time out of the box with sumtoy and put up a 169. They will shoot.
Georgia Boy

rem 300

VaTuRkStOmPeR

BrowningGuy88

If I was setting one up again I would go with the Franchi Affinity or the Benelli M2 both in a 26" barrel. I would run one of two combos. 1) SumToy 562-5 and Fed HWT 2) Indian Creek 555 and Nitro Straight 7's.

870FaceLift

If money isn't an issue then I'd roll with the M2.  I just purchased a Franchi Affinity to dabble in the 20g turkey world, but only because I stumbled across someone needing cash.  If it weren't for the fact that I got a practically new Affinity for $400, I would've went with the M2.  I'm very pleased with the Affinity though.
Pass it on...

hookedspur

Quote from: outdoors on February 06, 2013, 10:21:21 PM
:fud:   Benelli M2  26".    :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:

1000 % Best feeling gun I have ever sholdered
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vaturkey

Vaturkey

bshunt0025

WyoHunter

Beretta 391 or for less money the Franchi Affinity.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

allaboutshooting

I'd add my vote for the M2. It's just a great gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

K9Doc

Thanks Guys for all the input. I found a steal on a Black composite M2 in 26" barrel. One case
of shells shot thru it!!!  I shot a single load of 2.75" 1.5oz of TSS #9's @50* with only a full choke
Measured 40 yds it still put 200 in 10". Man it shoots sweet!  Recoil is sooooo much less recoil on that little 6# Benelli. Can't wait for a choke and the FF3!
Thanks OG Guys!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.