OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks Osage hootin stick or there Synthetic??

Started by jake slayer, March 04, 2011, 01:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake slayer

Want to get myself anew hooter Which one do you guys like??
Any suggestions or comments??

drum817

They both sound pretty much the same.  It's really just a matter of taste.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

letinmfly

Quote from: drum817 on March 04, 2011, 01:47:53 PM
They both sound pretty much the same.  It's really just a matter of taste.

I got mine in Cocobolo.  Whatever you choose it'll be 100% owl.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

bnew17

BOFF

Talked to Scott today for the first time, on the phone. What a first class guy!  :z-winnersmiley: He worked both the Osage, and the synthetic over the phone, so I could listen to them. Both sounded great. I couldn't tell enough difference to spend the extra money for the Osage, though I like the looks better. Besides, it was more money towards the mouth calls.

God Bless,
David B.

drum817

Scott is a GREAT guy to talk turkey with.  I've spent MANY hours on the phone with him.   CONGRATS on your new calls  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

neal

I've got  a cocobolo and a maple one and the cocobolo one is a little quieter than the maple, if you want volume the synthetic or osage will do just fine!!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

JoshL18

+1 on scott being a great guy talked to him yesterday for the first time stand up guy

doepee

I have a cocobolo , I think I will order a synthetic one also, it would be nice with just a little more volume

Gobble!

I have used the synthetic and the custom side by side. I prefer the custom. never tried the osage.