OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nef or H&R fixed full

Started by BigEz, February 04, 2013, 11:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEz

Anyone using an Nef or H&R 20 ga fixed full barrel with Fed Hwt #7?  Thinking about try one out myself but if someone has experience with it good or bad I would like to here it.  If a lot of bad then I'll just send it off for threading but if good then I'll hit the patterning board. 

Thanks
Erik

surehuntsalot

can't do nothing but try it and see what happens
the flight control wad and fixed full chokes seem to work real good together in my shotguns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

Unless you are looking at extreme yardages that should take care of about 90 % of my shots if not more.

BrowningGuy88

I have started number chasing lately, but I can count on one hand the number of gobblers I couldn't have killed with a NEF full choke shotgun and Fed. HWT 7's or heck lead 5's for that matter.

BigEz

Thanks for the replies. I'm not interested in big #'s at all, I Would be really happy with anything above 115 at 40.  Just a nice even 15 to 20 inch circle.  Just to ask is it responsible to think over 115 with fed hwt 7 and a fixed full is very doable? I wish it wasn't 10 degrees out so I could get out there and shoot.

Thanks
Erik

20and44s

Hey , hvw 7s and hevi13 sevens both work well to very well in my NEF 20 , when I was doing my research here there were many post about barrel polishing both how to and people that are in the business !!! I must say that the before and after barrel work made a big differance   :z-guntootsmiley: good luck
20and44s

gotcha

Shot some paper out of mine with decent results to 30 yards but elected to send the barrel off to be threaded for a PG .570.The choke and gunsmithing cost twice what the gun did,but I likey!

mad815

If you are not happy with your pattern and want a tube with a screw in choke. One can buy a threaded tube from NEF. --- I bought a 12ga. NEF and sent it back to NEF to fit a 20 ga. tube on it. --- Depends on how I feel on the day I pick it up -- 20 ga. or 12 ga. --        Web

Extremesolo

My son has been using a NEF 20 with the fixed full choke for two years now.  It shoots the hevi#7's okay to 30 yards but it does much better with the federal HW #7's.  I can check in my loadbook tonight if you are interested in actual numbers.