turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lead #6's???

Started by Tom Foolery, January 31, 2013, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

Anyone shooting lead 6's from their 20 gauge?  Finding Hevi13 around here is getting tough and I found some Federal pre FC lead #6's but I was curious if anyone had patterned them and what results they got.

Thanks

rem 300

I got a good pattern out of those at 40 yards they were putting in the mid 90s in a 10" out of my M2 with a Indian Creek .555 26" barrel.. They patterned the best out of my settup as far as lead goes I wouldnt have a problem with hunting with them if I had to, but 40 would be my max for sure with those

TrackeySauresRex

Not Federals,Butt......
This is my Son's gun,
20GA,BPS
28" barrel
@ 30 yards
The circle in the target is 12".... I wanted to keep him close so he could learn his effective range.  ;D

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

R AJ

lead 6s in 20 gauge are very capable at 30 yds, not too bad at 35 either. For 40 yard shots you really need to know your guns capabilities.
I like Fed pre FC, FC, and winchester 6s in the XX shell. Nickel plated # 7.5s in the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant shell can give great patterns at 30 yds. in the 20 gauge.

Tom Foolery

Thanks guys, I was looking at shooting them from my 21" 870 with a .570" choke.  I tried lead Win Supreme lead 5's and I think I was in the 40's or 50's at 40yds with them.

jakesdad

I use the Remington premier 3" 1 1/4 6's in my 870 with a jellyhead.Get real good patterns to 35,not so good at 40.But I dont think i've shot a bird over 25yds for a long time.Gonna try some winchester HV 5's when it warms up and maybe some golden pheasant 7.5s if I can find em.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

I took all 3 of my birds last season with Federal pre fc #6's from Roger's
in my 870 with my Hastings .570,I can get good patterns out to 35 yds easy
which is good for me because I shoot them close anyway
it's not the harvest,it's the chase