turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester XRHD Shells

Started by KansasGobbler, January 31, 2013, 06:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

$42 at Bass Pro in Rancho Crapamonga CA, looked like 10-12 boxes in stock...

mudhe
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

stinkpickle

If they're waiting on tungsten prices to drop, those rounds are as good as discontinued.   

runngun

I know where there are some in Louisiana, 2.75, 3, 3.5 in 4s 5s and 6s send me a pm and I will tell you where they are at. I talked to the ownere and he will ship'em to y'all. Has a UPS pick-up and drop off in his store.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

surehuntsalot

if they are on "hold "and waiting on the price of material to go down,then they have been discontinued
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

3" 870 Shell Shucker

If they are not available for purchase on store shelves by the start of Turkey season, then they are discontinued THIS year, even if not forever.

chatterbox

I have roughly 5 boxes for sale in the classies. Take a look if you're interested. Pics will be there tonite.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Just make the switch to Hevi-13 #7's  It will shoot circles around the xtended range ammo.   

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteJust make the switch to Hevi-13 #7's  It will shoot circles around anything else.

There, I corrected that for you.

Rockhound

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 11, 2013, 06:02:20 AM
Just make the switch to Hevi-13 #7's  It will shoot circles around the xtended range ammo.   

I would hope so being as how hevi-13 straight #6s have numerous pellets that measure as real shot size 7,8,and 9. If not smaller. The only reason they pattern better than xtended range is because there are more pellets in a 2 oz load because there are so many that are so freaking small.

The hevi kill good dont get me wrong but i will take the xtended every day because they are a little cheaper per shell,  the exact same density,  and actually have a little quality control being as there pellets are consistent,  uniform , and Polished

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Rockhound on March 11, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

I would hope so being as how hevi-13 straight #6s have numerous pellets that measure as real shot size 7,8,and 9. If not smaller. The only reason they pattern better than xtended range is because there are more pellets in a 2 oz load because there are so many that are so freaking small.

The hevi kill good dont get me wrong but i will take the xtended every day because they are a little cheaper per shell,  the exact same density,  and actually have a little quality control being as there pellets are consistent,  uniform , and Polished

Well shoot what you like.  But if they are so good then why have they been discontinued?  Food for thought.  Hevi-13 ain't going anywhere. 

Rockhound

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 11, 2013, 11:05:06 PM
Quote from: Rockhound on March 11, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Well shoot what you like.  But if they are so good then why have they been discontinued?  Food for thought.  Hevi-13 ain't going anywhere.

I like the hevi dont get me wrong and i still have a stockpile of it since i have moved to tss and hw15. The hevi is not going anywhere and thats a fact. Theres more to xtended range being discontinued than the pattern.   winchester being a full blown ammo facility.  With hevi making loading the sheer amount of shells that they do the shot comes cheaper. Winchester has more invested in other stuff than to worry with one line of shells.

Shoregobbler

Lucky I found two boxes of the 3.5" 6 shot and one box of 2 3/4" 6 shot yesterday. I still had two boxes of the 3.5" left. As long as I don't miss I should be good for the next twenty or so seasons here in Maryland...Lol