Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Widow Makers When & Where

Started by spurman, January 31, 2013, 03:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

We do this every year, when does your season start and where are you going to hunt.

My plans are to start on March 23 at Tenn-KY military reservation, if I am luck enough to get an area.
Kentucky early draw April 9-10 or 13-14. Kentucky state wide April 14 - May 5. Then to Kansas around the middle of May.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

longspur

Looks like I'll be staying in NE Ga. I have 3 rejections I could use on a quota. I don't know much about the WMA's that have quota's.We start up March 23.

SheGotHoOks

i'd like to hunt that military base too this year but I'm not sure if I'll get to.. but come april 14th, I do know that I'll be hunting my favorite farm down here in Kentucky tho ;)

Onpoint

Hopefully I'll be down there on the 23rd too Bill.
Then the next weekend will be Tennessee's opener (30th). I probably won't get to spend as much time in Tennessee as I'd like to this year but I still plan in gettin down there a little bit.
April 14th I'll be back home in Kentucky for our season opener.

West Augusta

Right now April 22nd is our opener here in West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

May 3rd in NH. Only state I'll be hunting.

doublegobble

Season starts April 19 and finishes May 19. I hunt 2 seasons in those dates.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

West Augusta

Just made plans for 3 days in Oklahoma and 3 days in Texas.  That's 7 tags and then back home to 2 more tags in West Virginia.  :blob10: :blob10: :blob10:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

old frank

Georgia opens March 23 and I will be out there sometime later during the week.

I have Semi Exclusive rights to a friends 100 acre remote farm in Lamar County. Great turkey area and where mine came from last year. I also have a 500 acre lease in Upson county that I can hunt.

We have seen quite a few gobblers the last few weeks just being on the land. Neighbor has a big horse farm and between the woods and pastures, the turkeys seem to like it here.

I have some trail cameras out that I will check later this week. 

Our season runs to the middle of May and we can hunt all day and have a three Gobbler season limit.

agturkey

slawman

April 15 here in Illinois for 5 days, I'm on vacation all of that week so I can hunt hard.....then I have a second tag for the first week of may which I will only have 2 or 3 days to hunt that week.