turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What base/mount for an 870?

Started by Longspur321, January 29, 2013, 09:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Plan on getting my little 20 drilled and tapped and put a Bushnell Trophy dot on top. What base do y'all recommend? Tried searching but didn't find anything... Thanks
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

FullChoke

Remington told me that the 12 and the 20 gauge shotguns had the same radius on the top of the receivers, therefore whatever base fits a 12 will fit the 20. I hope this helps your search.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: FullChoke on January 29, 2013, 10:22:21 PM
Remington told me that the 12 and the 20 gauge shotguns had the same radius on the top of the receivers, therefore whatever base fits a 12 will fit the 20. I hope this helps your search.

FC

This.  I bought a base for the870 at Walmart and my gun smith cut it down to three holes to fit the 20 gauge receiver and then drilled and tapped the receiver to match.  I mounted the bushnell TR25 red dot sight.  Fit perfectly. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Longspur321

Thanks guys. Dug some more and saw a couple guys on here using that EGW base. Might look at that one closer.
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

outdoors

:boon:  I had the EGW mounted to my Benelli M2 20ga. Real nice fit .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Shotgun Dave

It's a Weaver base 429 . Should fit your 20 well . I drilled my 11-87 20 and mounted  a 429 Base very easily . Cut mine in half and just drilled two holes . Using a very short Sight  . Works well done the same thing on my 11-87 twelve been hunting with it for a # of seasons .. Gonna try the 20 this year . Good luck  . David :turkey2:
All things work together for good !!!