OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone use a Fast Fire without a protector???

Started by TheSportsman, January 29, 2013, 03:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

anyone use a burris fastfire without a protector?  i just got in my fast fire 3 for my wifes gun but they were out of stock on burris protectors for the ff3.  just curious if anyone has knocked off a fastfire without a protector? its going on a win sx3 nwtf 20ga with a cantelever rail. should i go on and mount it or wait for the protector?

chatterbox

I have a FFIII, and I don't have the protector, and I still plan on hunting with it without worry.

BrowningGuy88

I believe that "whiskey" runs one on his 535 without a protector.

I intend on running mine without one or with a Warbird guard. I wouldn't worry about knocking it off unless you are really rough on a gun.

wvnut3

I hunt with a ff2 and a ff3 without a protector, never been an issue. Lee

whiskey

Quote from: Daman on January 29, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

I intend on running mine without one or with a Warbird guard. I wouldn't worry about knocking it off unless you are really rough on a gun.

That is correct. I also dropped my gun getting out of the truck and busted the glass on my FF2 on the last day of season last year. I ordered a FF3 and will run it without a guard this year. I think me breaking mine was a freakish thing. I am not worried about knocking off the point of aim by bumping it under normal hunting, running around the woods, belly crawling like a fool across a plowed corn field. Been there, done all of that with no issues.

To be honest, I have a hard time spending 75 dollars to insure 200.00. If they were 30 bucks I would probably use one.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: whiskey on January 31, 2013, 06:25:26 AM
Quote from: Daman on January 29, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

That is correct. I also dropped my gun getting out of the truck and busted the glass on my FF2 on the last day of season last year. I ordered a FF3 and will run it without a guard this year. I think me breaking mine was a freakish thing. I am not worried about knocking off the point of aim by bumping it under normal hunting, running around the woods, belly crawling like a fool across a plowed corn field. Been there, done all of that with no issues.

To be honest, I have a hard time spending 75 dollars to insure 200.00. If they were 30 bucks I would probably use one.

I am going without the protector on mine for sure. I just like the look better. And besides if I break it I always have a Leatherman Wave on my belt so I can take it off quickly and run the fiber optic sights.

GSLAM95

I just had a FFIII put on M2, I wish someone made a simple rubber form fitted cap to protect from dust and dirt during transport.  Does anyone know of something like this out there?  It comes with a plastic snap cap to go over it but it is a little bigger than I prefer.  Also think rubber would be quieter for typical in the field use...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

wvnut3

I know how you feel, i still dont like the looks of mine . I prefer my ff2 cover however, It comes in real handy in the rain and snow. Last year on opening day it was pouring the snow down but my ff3 was dry .Lee

whiskey

The first year I had a FF on my gun, I remember the second hunt of opening weekend, it had been really dry. A buddy and I belly crawled down a red dirt pasture road, covered everything we had in red dust. We got in position and I looked down at my new sight covered in dirt and thought OH CRAP. I looked through it and it was fine. Dusty, but still able to see plenty good enough. It didn't get babied long. I think I will like the FF3 cover better in the field. Especially since you can see through the new cover.