News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Playing strikers on a conditioned surface

Started by Sully53, March 04, 2011, 06:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sully53

I am curious how you guys play your strikers over the conditioned
surface of your pot calls [ regardless of type of surface ] Do you run the strikers directly over the conditioned surface, at an angle over the conditioned surface, or the same way it was conditioned?

harvester

I try to condition my calls right to left (horizontal) and run my strikers 45 degrees to  90 degrees from horizontal. Hope this helps.

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: harvester on March 04, 2011, 07:16:53 AM
I try to condition my calls right to left (horizontal) and run my strikers 45 degrees to  90 degrees from horizontal. Hope this helps.

x2

M Sharpe

Quote from: paturkeyhntr on March 04, 2011, 08:20:51 AM

x2

Yep and from outside in
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Cut*N*Run

On the yelps I start out close to parallel with the conditioning lines and then by the end of the note I've turned 90 degrees to them. My cutts and clucks are at 90 degrees and my purrs are wherever I can get a good roll.

hookedspur

Quote from: M Sharpe on March 04, 2011, 08:37:51 AM
Quote from: paturkeyhntr on March 04, 2011, 08:20:51 AM

x2

Yep and from outside in
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TRKYHTR

I always try to condition my surfaces in one direction. I start about a half inch from the outside edge of the call. Thats where you are going to get your high pitch of your yelp. I make a half of a heart to get my yelp. If you could picture making a heart in 2 pieces I will strike the surface while making the left side of the heart. Bringing the end of the heart towards the middle of the call. Thats where you should get more rasp. I use the middle of the call to get my clucks and purrs, moving across the conditioned area at a 90 degree angle. Hope that makes sense.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

BOFF