OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

truglo ssx quality question.

Started by longhorn, March 03, 2011, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

Just got a ssx in today and noticed the machine quality was very bad. Is this typical?  I know it is manufacured in China but this is rough. I will pattern it tomorrow to see if it shoots better than it looks.

shootumindaface

Mine have always been fine.. When they find a home in a gun the patterns are great..

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I will tell you what for the less than $24 shipped to my door for the one I bought off gunbroker and the way it shot the very first shot I can't complain.  Shoot it and see how it does.  Mine fooled the heck out of me. 

longhorn

I'm taking my 835 to shoot some hvy 13  31/2"  21/4 oz  #7. I'll try the ssx and a new indian creek. If either one gets near 312 hits I will be happy.

shootumindaface

Scrub the living Sh1t out of that SSX before you shoot it, the packing grease is crazy in it..

longhorn

I scrubbed both chokes pretty good and polished the barrel. It is supposed to be a little windy but i'm going early so maybe it won't bad.

mcgruff1533

I thought the same thing when my SSX showed up last year.     The machine work was awfully rough, but that sucker sure does shoot good!   

longhorn

Thanks for the replies. I'm heading out in about an hour to shoot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quax

I cleaned mine with acetone before is shot it; I think Clark recommended I do that and I worked well. I had a problem with one of their chokes once, called and sent it back and they replaced it for free. Very good customer service experience.