turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Precious In Our Eyes..... Devotional 12-20-13

Started by pappy, January 20, 2013, 10:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Isaiah 9:6...For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
When I look at my Grandchildren I am reminded of their immediate likeness to that of our Lord and Savior, their innocence, their simplicity and their unadulterated love. And yet, as with our Lord and Savior I foresee their future as one of turmoil and filled with a responsibility beyond my own experiences.  For this is our generation of hope. The weight of this Nation shall lie upon their shoulders, the costs of our mistakes shall be their reward.
This is why I am reminded our my responsibility NOW to help raise them in a Christian atmosphere, Proverbs 22:6 ... Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Will they go astray? Have we done enough? What would it take to insure their commitment to the Lord ? Yes, most children that are raised in the House of God do stray, I know I did, but was all lost? No, because of a praying Grandmother and a group of caring individuals that knew what I faced I did not have to face alone. Are we really doing enough as Grandparents, to see that our Grandchildren are living under the shadow of God's Grace, and maturing under the growing knowledge of His word, most likely not. I believe that it will take 110% commitment on our behalf to help insure their commitment to the Lord, not 90% nor 75% but 110% .... for they see in us protection and providence they may not see at home.
So I consider JUST HOW PRECIOUS they are.... Lamentations chapter 4 says that children are as precious as fine gold....and should be treated as such, not like clay pots, but like the wealth that is hidden inside of them. Unlike Christ, who's responsibility could never be matched by any human being, but LIKE CHRIST in that they will be bearing a huge responsibility, beyond our understanding, our Grandchildren need that little extra boost from us to get started on the right track. Our Grandson Jacob has the Flu, we went with him to the doctor's office yesterday, he was so weak, so puny, his color was nearly gone, except for the flushing of his fever reddened face, and yet his concern was for his "pappy" not to get sick. Just how precious is that? Foregoing his state of well being for mine.......is it worth our time to teach them our Christian values? You decide.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! I gave my grandchildren a little EXTRA hug & kiss today . :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Turkey Beard

Brand new granddad here... 3 X ... and this really brought a lump to my throat...
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

BOFF

Thank you Jack, prayers for you both.

God Bless,
David B.